mustang convertible

Guest thetintshop

Guest lostdesert

I own a 1999 convertible Mustang, and was wanting to get the windows tinted. A place I called advised me not to tint the rear window, because it would suffer excessive wear from the top going up and down. I was told it would be vulnerable to scratches, and removing the tint later on would mean damaging the heating elements in the rear defroster. Is there any truth to this? I can't see how a glass window would suffer any abnormal wear simply by putting the top up and down. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! ;)

here is my secret.

I take a single edge razor blade and stick it inbetween the glass and fabric that is glued to the glass, I push the blade in about 1/4 inch and go across the top and bottom to loosen it from the glass some, this way you can slide your tint up under the fabris. it works great :lol

loosening the fabric from the window on top and bottom some does wonders, and you wont get light gaps :lol

Guest Blade

Here's what I do with those rear windows...

Lay the film on to wet shrink it. Without trimming anything I shrink the film all around. Once it's shrank I use a black marker and trace around the outer edge of the window on the liner on the inside edge of the fabric. Then put the film on my peeler and trim the film just a hair over the black marker line. Works everytime :lol

Archived