205 mph

Guest tinterjim

I got caught in VA. doing 156 mph on my CBR back in '91. I lost my licence for 6 months and had to pay a $500 fine. I had 7 police cars and a navy shore patrol paddy wagon show up to haul me off :nope

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got caught in VA. doing 156 mph on my CBR back in '91. I lost my licence for 6 months and had to pay a $500 fine. I had 7 police cars and a navy shore patrol paddy wagon show up to haul me off :nope

What size CBR?

Let me tell you something from personal experience in VA. They don't play. And those @#$% radar units with the outside window mount guns just barely peeking over the bushes that run down the middle of the road, they are hell on a radar detector. you barely even get a blip. and the court system will eat you up and make a ticket stick for 4 mph over the speed limit :nope I sware I have been in court and seen it happen on 45-55 mph roads. It blew my mind. and the reckless limits are lower there too. Am I correct on 16 or 19 mph? It's crazy.

I got a radar detector ticket one time after a long night on the road back from AL and it was hanging up behind my mirror, unplugged cuz I barely use it, and a state patrol stepped out from behind the toll booth and asked me what it was. I told him a camera maybe? he was amused but let me leave with a ticket and my detector, luckily. They just don't play. :wall

Guest ncinirator

First a story, then the low down on radar detectors and radar.

Story- I remember when I was 16yo, stopped for going 95 in 25. $205.00 ticket. The officer was nice enough to not lock me up for reckless driving. I attempted to contest the ticket and looked like a big dummy in court. Was given 20 hous community service, ticket + court costs and NO POINTS thank god. Ironic 5 years later the officer comes to work for the same jurisdiction I had just got a job with, should have seen the look on his face when he looked at me and remembered. I had no hard feelings, the man was doing his job.

Low down- Radar detectors can set each other off when in close proximity. I used to have fun when I see someone with a radar detector mounted on the dash. I used to hold mine up and turn it on, mixing his unit up making him think someone was operating radar and watch him start slowing down. But in DC people are lucky, our general orders clearly state that we are not allowed to hide our police cars in the bushes, on the sidewalk or areas like that when conducting speed enforcement by using radar/li-dar to measure speed.

Radar dectors are useless if the officer has a instant on/off(hold) switch on his radar remote. we just wait until we can physicaly see the car comming down the road way and then hit the instant on switch on the remote of the radar unit. When the radar detector goes off it is telling you that you have just been caught. See, with the unit on hold the radar antenna is not sending a radar beam down the roadway. Detectors are good for when a officer leaves his unit on so he can hear the car comming before he sees it, which does him no good cause he is setting off the persons radar detector miles before he even gets into the officers sight.

Li-dar is another story, I`m certified in Li-dar also if anyone has questions, just ask em here or e-mail me.

I understand the way they work. But the way that to two different antennas work is by concentrating the beam. So they can roll down the highway and clock someone a ways in front of you, but you miss the signal. With the roof/door mount. The dash mount antenna is different. It shoots a wider pattern, hence shorter range typically, but you can detect them coming before they can honestly lock you in or get a steady reading. I am not as familiar with Li-dar or Laser although I do know the laser beam is hundreds of feet long by a couple feet wide. Much more accurate. I don't think it can be used rolling though. Can it? :thumb

Went a 145 on the Autobaun in Germany to Luxenburg no real traffic and when a whisper made me move 2 lanes almost floating ..my knees where shaking just from the adrenaline ..anything above that on a street bike I just have to laugh at...Everyone has the right to make a bad decision in life ...the second time is just being stupid :spit Yes I still have 25 year old stupid friends that dont think a squirrel or a dog might just pop out of no where to end your adrenaline rush. :lol If you get off on that rush ...the Combat Arms of the Marines ...Army..Navy will make your day :lol and its legal :spit

Guest moncty

You people @#$% @ me for doing windshields yet you brag to each other about driving those kinds of speeds!!! Thats crazy & wreckless, anyone stopped for driving like that should have his/her lic. taken period!!! I have 2 sports cars & I NEVER drive like that. Very bad judgement on everyones part & then to even brag about it. :spit

Guest nautiboi73
I can tell you the SC state patrol doesn't fock around. I have been impressed at the variety of cars they ahve patroled in the last 5 years. Old Maverick, Camaro's, pre-94 'stangs, saw a chevelle or nova once, and they are all unmarked with lights. That's pretty cool to me. But I still don't like you :rock:dunno

SC patrol has a BMW 5 series, with roof monuted lights. I was sit faced the first time I saw it because I was on my bike ans a little unsure, but say it when son was in hospital over 2 yrs ago. neaky sobs,

Archived