Window treatments

Guest metint

Window treatments are for dressing up a window and in most cases do not effectively control solar energy, allowing it to penetrate the glass. Window film is for controlling solar energy at the glass surface.

It would be a good add-on since tinters deal with windows to begin with, have gained know-how in removing and replacing treatments during film installation and can easily sell a treatment in place of film when the client opts out on film.

And... can sell film for added protection to and for the window treatments.

:beer:lol

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mayor of Tint Town

TD,

We added blinds, shades, and shutters to our Flat glass tinting business about three years ago. The businesses are a great complement to each other and each has opened doors. The negative to the coverings business is the opportunity for error. SIGNIFICANT! With everything being special order you have to really be careful. On the plus side - Hunter Douglas is sending my wife and I to Cancun Mexico for a week all expenses paid this April as a spiff for selling as much as we have this year. :bingo

Guest Mayor of Tint Town

CPfilms tried something of a "buy a lot get rewarded" program a few years back and it was a total flop.

Buy more Madico Devil and I'm sure Gaza will at least kick down a Schooner or two.

TD, we do Hurricane panels, roll downs, looking into armor screen.... just to keep cash flow. I have a sub that works for me alot and he makes a great living off of blinds, window treatments. He mainly tints flat glass but when you're slow ya have to supplement somehow. I also hooked up with a local builder and a window treatment co. kept me busy most all year.

Just got into selling blinds myself, only high end really. Hunter Douglas is a good co. for high end. Downfall is their samples aren't cheap by any means but one job pays for them!! Vista is another good one that people are buying up here. The great thing is I can make the same or much better profit in half the time it takes to tint.

Guest Readyman

We have carried the mylar type of pull down shades for a few years and have just recently expanded into different types of window coverings, like Hunter Douglas. It costs a few bucks to get all the samples and to get up and running but so far the early return on investment has been good.

We have carried the mylar type of pull down shades for a few years and have just recently expanded into different types of window coverings, like Hunter Douglas. It costs a few bucks to get all the samples and to get up and running but so far the early return on investment has been good.

[*]248110

Me too Re: Hunter Douglas :rollin One job seems to pay for the samples.

Archived