70% front glass laws

Guest signandtint

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

see on the invoices our disclaimer states the legalities of california of window tinting, then there is another section where it says what car it is, and how many windows are getting done, like fronts, rears, and back window, when doing something like that I leave out the front d/p. that way in whatever legal case anyone wants to try, its not stated in the invoice that I did his/her fronts. get me? :copcar

fortunetly (sp?) I havent had anyone try that ever before, we do alot of gov vehicles, hell we are one stop light away from the police station (2 miles) and we do alot of work for them, so I tell them or ask how strict are they about tinted windows on d/p, most of the officers tell me as long as they can see the driver they wont pull over, but that right I think BS because its still considered illegal and every cop (person) is different.

a question to all tinters who are restricted by 70% min LT laws

what are the consequences of tinting say for instance with 50% vlt film in your area?

have any of you been either procecuted or threatened with it for doing so?

the reason I ask is here in the UK legislation was finally changed and clarified here last year which states no darker than 70% vlt on front drivers and passenger door glass, I presume similar to certain states there.

as this has now been in force since jan 2004 and as yet it seems no one has been procecuted here from the installation end, if there are cases over there which have occurred.

I personally heard from a customer yesterday who had been stopped with 50% film on the fronts that the police officer who stopped him said they were now turning there attention to the tint shops, to try and charge them for aiding and abetting an offense.

feedback appreciated

[*]249847

...old bill are clamping down very hard in my area too sd :lol2 its hard but what can you do :lol6

I havent heard of anyone getting a visit from VOSA or old bill yet,but as long as we keep it legal and re-educate the punters there shouldnt be a problem :lol6 tint away.

Guest signandtint

very true potzy

but when you say as long as we keep it legal, are you not fitting anything but clearsecurity to fronts? as everything else is illegal according to the letter of the law, even a 70% film will reduce most modern car glass below 70%

very true potzy

but when you say as long as we keep it legal, are you not fitting anything but clearsecurity to fronts? as everything else is illegal according to the letter of the law, even a 70% film will reduce most modern car glass below 70%

[*]250018

the thing is in my area there only pullin exseive tints on front, 35% or below, the last car I re-tinted had 35% on the fronts, the old bill put there light meter up against his window and told him he was 1.5 % to low even with 35% on, so I filmed it with 50%, hes had it checked by vosa and as far as iam aware eveythings cool. I know we cant even put 70% on but 50% is the darkest im willing to go...I think its all down to how plod feels on the day, as for security films im doing more of that know than anything else on fronts...damn tint laws :lol6

there only targeting the lads and lasses out there on cruise nights, I havent heard of anyone getting a tug in there BMW MERC RANGE ROVER ect, sounds like victimisation to me.

Guest Sprinter
there only targeting the lads and lasses out there on cruise nights, I havent heard of anyone getting a tug in there BMW MERC RANGE ROVER ect, sounds like victimisation to me.

[*]250030

these are the cars that are the darkest on the fronts when I visit southern cali you can't drive on I-10 between the 60 /I-10 split all the way to the 110 and not see numerous cars that are blatantly breaking the law.

here in phoenix I can't drive more that 5 minutes before seeing this.

Archived