'05 Ford F-150 (two-fronts)

Exact-Oh

hahah I pulled the gaskets out for the first time yesterday and good god was it easy :whisper nothing to it and they go right back in very easy. you dont have to pull the whole panel back just the area by the door lock plunger thing and grab it and pull it right out. like was mentioned.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop
hahah I pulled the gaskets out for the first time yesterday and good god was it easy :spit nothing to it and they go right back in very easy.  you dont have to pull the whole panel back just the area by the door lock plunger thing and grab it and pull it right out. like was mentioned.

[*]262313

but why? :whisper

I like to tear peoples new cars up as much as possible :beer

usually I dont take them out, I just cut my pattern to ride slightly higher than the gasket at the bottom and just high enough to not have a light gap :bling

Guest CloudWalker

I don't know why you would even waste the extra ten seconds to pull the seal out when you can just use a white hard card and slip the film down behind it. About the only time I ever waste time on pulling door panels is on a Bug, which I remove the whole panel, and on the Grand Prix like someone mentioned and I just pull the top of the panel out enough to pull the rubber out so I can get the felt trim/liner off. Otherwise I always just use the trusty white hard card. :lol

I get water fingers for days when I try and stuff tint down behind a felt gasket :uh customers come back also :uh what am I doing worg that that happens :uh

[*]265464

yea, when you get water fingers after to try to squeege it down its gets contaminated because of the dirt that accumulates from the bottom of the felt. I either take them out (panels) or just cut slighty above to the point where it doesnt touch tthee felt, so far no problems.

Guest CloudWalker

That is true about the water fingers... BUT... I always just shrink the film if needed but most cars you don't have to shrink. Other than the few that you have to shrink I normally don't have any problems with the water fingers myself. If I do I just heat that sucker up on the outside with my blow torch. :thumb

Archived