FORD FIVE HUNDRED

Guest Jason

Guest tint51
Since I got a bulldozer squeegee those back windows around the brake light havent been a problem.

Trim the rubber nubbs off and squeegee away like a mug.

Just got and used the Bulldozer.. Love that tool...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Drummmer69

First one I did, dropped my corner card inbetween the 3rd. brake light, cust was happy with cut-out of light. So needless to say I had to take out back deck and seats, re-tint w/o cutting brake light out. Much nicer install.

I have gotten pretty good sliding the tint behind the brake light and hammering it down with my bulldozer :cool bulldozers are awesome for jobs like this :jacked you have to trim the little rubber t**s off the brake light housing first though.

I look back at my previous post and laugh that I was having a "hard time" and actually cut around the light :zzz what a dumbazz I was. bulldozers kick arse

Guest MidcoastMW

I did one of these over the weekend. 08' Tauras, same thing though.

You guys are right, that rear deck does NOT wanna come out unless you disassemble all the rear pillars, which are designed in a way that you have to remove EVERYTHING. :wall

I cut the rubber titties off of the brake light housing to make room, but on this particular car the two bottom corners of the glass had about 1" of hairy azz deck fur pressed against the glass. Fold the rear seats down and remove the plastic plug clips, and you can slide the deck forward juuuust enough to get some tape over the carpet, create room to slide film past, and get the bulldozer behind the light. WAY better then a cutout IMO and not much extra time at all. :twocents

Happy tinting!

Guest Blaine B.

The brake light is NOT removable from the rear deck tray.

Before I took my car in for tint, I had to remove

A) The 2 side cushions on either side of the 60/40 folding rear seat.

B) The plastic trim around the rear "triangle" windows

C) Christmas tree fasteners behind the rear seat that secure the rear deck tray to the deck.

Unless you unbolt the seat belt, you will still have to leave the tray in. But it can easily be slid back if the seats are folded down to gain access to the entire window.

First one I did, dropped my corner card inbetween the 3rd. brake light, cust was happy with cut-out of light. So needless to say I had to take out back deck and seats, re-tint w/o cutting brake light out. Much nicer install.
ive done that twice had to take the hole back seat and deck out :( I'm carefull as hell now !

Archived