FORD FIVE HUNDRED

Guest Jason

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RDF Tinter

For the Ford Five Hundred Back window dont bother trying to take out the third brake light you have to take a part damn near the whole back seat and C-pillar and everything apart to do it. I looked it up in a repair manual. Im still new to tinting but trust me ITS NOT WORTH TAKING EVERYTHING APART. I did one today and was able to slide the film behind the third brake light no problem until I realized I diddnt have the tools to squeeze out the water behind it. my recomendation for this car is 1 of 3 options 1.slide it behind the light 2.cut the rubber bumpers between the light and glass 3. cut around the light.I did this on my first 500 that I did and it looked fine. both times ive tinted these cars ive done it in two pieces cause they are a difficult one piece for me being new and all.

:lol2

How the hell do you get the brake light outta these things  :blah

Even if I cut it out, theres still two rubber nubs in the way. I tried sliding the tint by those nubs and damaged it in the process  :dunno  :blah    I could always cut it a little higher above the nubs, but that would leave a light gap visible from the drivers seat... unacceptable.

I have already broken all 4 plastic screws that come thru the top of the trunk (whatever, replaceable) . Ive tried prying it every way possible with no luck .

This was such an easy car to tint too- god damn ford design team can suck my nuts- why make a rear brake light so hard to take out??? what if the light burnt out?

I dunno, but im going to lose it soon- damn cars due first thing in the am.

Any help?- It would be appreciated. 

:blah

[*]274064

Hi all. Just stumbled across this site and this thread...just wanted to add my 2 cents. I've only done a couple of 500's, and didnt have a problem with them...BUT.... Here is what my tech site said about them ....

that there is a wire from the brake lite to the computer that can be disrupted, disturbed or broken. If in fact it is broken, there is a real possibility of fire.

Hope this helps!

Archived