Window tinting and internal glass antenna

Guest toyotafanatic

Guest toyotafanatic

Recently, I decided that I wanted to tint my car window. I have a Toyota Camry that has an internal glass radio antenna in the back glass.

I was searching through some car forums recently and I saw this post and I was curious as to how accurate it was:

"Please note the Camry has an internal glass antenna radio. Most high end tint uses metalized film, which could affect the radio reception. I would make sure to ask for a non-metalized film which is either the cheap dye film or premium non-metalized film.

Is that above an accurate statement? I would really want to know before I have my car windows tinted.

Guest tintguy7
Recently, I decided that I wanted to tint my car window. I have a Toyota Camry that has an internal glass radio antenna in the back glass.

I was searching through some car forums recently and I saw this post and I was curious as to how accurate it was:

"Please note the Camry has an internal glass antenna radio.  Most high end tint uses metalized film, which could affect the radio reception.  I would make sure to ask for a non-metalized film which is either the cheap dye film or premium non-metalized film.

Is that above an accurate statement?  I would really want to know before I have my car windows tinted.

[*]277549

:DD

Guest metint
Every Camry I ever did with hybrid/metal film, including one yesterday, was fine.? No reception issues. :bat

[*]277567

:lol I have to say the same for the Camry's I've encountered in my daily tint activities... no problem.

This reception issue is one that shows itself in a sporadic way... sometimes it happens, sometimes it don't... depends on the car. :nope

The Camry does not seem to be one to have trouble with reception after hybrid film (laminated color layer/metal layer) is installed. :music

Guest zolar

My film dist. mentioned that V-cool has its metallized layer on the glass side of the film.

Every other hybrid has the metal protected in polyester.

This could possibly (remotely) affect electrical contacts.

Anybody, heard about this?

Z

Archived