Suntek?? Any good

Guest creedog

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

metint you are such a shiot :lol6

and to answer your question...do the Math, she bought the car new in '96, do you think it was SunTek :trustme

It was a standard dyed film. Her car was garaged about 50% of the time. Is it just me or was film better 10 years ago. :lol6

Please, I need expert advise. Local tint shop offered to tint my 99 mustang for $140 using suntek film. Is suntek a good film? He only offers a 3 year warranty, should I be worried about that?

A shop near my work uses lumar, offers a lifetime warrently for $199. Should I just go with this guy.

Any opinions....

[*]278714

Been using Suntek for a year in England and had no problems been tinting for ten years,the high performance range is your best bet from a depth of colour and quality appearance point of view .With regard to life expectancy in your climate you need to ask these guys on the site as it is always raining here :trustme

As the guys said dont base your decision on price check for a clean quality install,or you will end up at another tint shop with cap in hand and you will get your pockets emptied.

Summary :-do it once and do it properly.!!!!!

Best of luck

Guys I cant beleive how cheap auto tint is over there that sucks.And I know I shouldnt mention price but I feel for anyone that gets out of bed for that little.

Drive out the hack shops. :lol6

I keep pictures of my local hack shops bad installs and the poor persons name and phone number for reference obviously with permission.This is working and is not slander if it is documented fact.

Peace and tint

in your climate I cannot comment

Guest thetintshop

I've tried all of suntek's films. I really liked the carbon series. so much, I now offer it as my entry level film.

as for the other films they offer..... :trustme ..... :lol6

Guest Film Guy

TTS says it all. Their top of the line film is his entry level film. The dyed 3 year film will be purple in 1-2 years. They offer economy films.

Do yourself the favor of buying the lifetime warranted /color stable product and don't listen to these guys looking to save a few bucks a car at your expense. The guy advising you to go Sun Tek 3 year warranted film has 2 years experience. Clueless....

Anyone having a car tinted that plans to keep it a year or longer in the south with full time outside exposure using straight dyed films are uninformed. With the films available nowadays the straight dyed 1 mil lines are obsolete, typically offered by the bottom feeders.

Guest Total tint
I've tried all of suntek's films. I really liked the carbon series. so much, I now offer it as my entry level film.

as for the other films they offer..... :lol6 .....  :lol6

[*]278793

:trustme

carbon is lifetime, standard is 3 yr, high performance is 5 yr, spectra and infinity are lifetime also

TTS says it all.  Their top of the line film is his entry level film.  The dyed 3 year film will be purple in 1-2 years.  They offer economy films.

Do yourself the favor of buying the lifetime warranted /color stable product and don't listen to these guys looking to save a few bucks a car at your expense.  The  guy advising you to go Sun Tek 3 year warranted film has 2 years experience.  Clueless....

Anyone having a car tinted that plans to keep it a year or longer in the south with full time outside exposure using straight dyed films are uninformed.  With the films available nowadays the straight dyed 1 mil lines are obsolete, typically offered by the bottom feeders.

[*]278827

I appreciate your opinion although I beg to differ. I have 10 years exp and my husband has 20. I have SunTek on my personal car, it is an outstanding film. I have used almost every film on the market. Although they are all a little different, most are just still (Oh what does OT call it) sticky paper.

In this industry what stands apart is the workmanship!

I don't care if someone puts gold plated sticky paper on my windows, if they do not have the passion for window tinting and the skill to back it up it will still look like crap!

Guest Film Guy

True story from just last week. A good friend of mine who is about as good as an installer as you can become has a guy with a 4 door car call (can't remember which) and say all he has is $143; will he tint his car? My buddy says " you're gonna have to come up $56 more bucks but you'll have it looking factory - clean, to the edge on roll downs, color stable and lifetime warranted. Still too inexpensive but he was going to do it for that.

The caller goes to the guy who will do it for $143 - and guess what he gets? 3 year standard dyed Sun Tek. Now you're right, if installed properly it could have looked great (for a while) and been done as described above but typically when you go on price you get what this guy got. 3 piece rear, contamination, light gaps everywhere.

So he comes back asking for the rear only to be redone. :rollin

He could've had it all - experienced installation, latest technology film with color stability, good heat rejection and lifetime warranted by a company that does'nt battle claims and set unrealistic limitations on reimbursements when they occur. Instead, according to my friend the car needed to be stripped completely and redone. He was'nt willing to associate himself with the installation at all unless it was a complete redo. So now tack another $100 for stripping to the job this time of the year. So now the consumer is looking at having $443 in the job (which he obviously won't do).

The funny thing here is we are talking the exact same films as this post. He was talking apples and oranges and ended up with an over ripened banana.

Consumers: Upselling is not a gimmick. Straight dyed film will give you uv rejection, glare reduction and depending how much sun it sees a nice look. After 3 years it is your baby regardless. Lets equate the difference: 3 tanks of gas, 1 or 2 oil changes, 5 or 6 hand washes, being generous. For this difference you can have better heat rejection, color stability, lifetime warranty plus the other things mentioned with straight dyed film. It is not rocket science. Tinters: improve your offerings and educate the consumers about the differences of these films. Everyone comes out better in the long run.

:rollin

Guest metint
True story from just last week.  A good friend of mine who is about as good as an installer as you can become has a guy with a 4 door car call (can't remember which) and say all he has is $143; will he tint his car?  My buddy says " you're gonna have to come up $56 more bucks but you'll have it looking factory - clean, to the edge on roll downs, color stable and lifetime warranted.  Still too inexpensive but he was going to do it for that.

The caller goes to the guy who will do it for $143 - and guess what he gets?  3 year standard dyed Sun Tek.  Now you're right, if installed properly it could have looked great (for a while) and been done as described above but typically when you go on price you get what this guy got.  3 piece rear, contamination, light gaps everywhere. 

So he comes back asking for the rear only to be redone.  :rollin

He could've had it all - experienced installation, latest technology film with color stability, good heat rejection and lifetime warranted by a company that does'nt battle claims and set unrealistic  limitations on reimbursements when they occur.  Instead, according to my friend the car needed to be stripped completely and redone.  He was'nt willing to associate himself with the installation at all unless it was a complete redo.  So now tack another $100 for stripping to the job this time of the year.  So now the consumer is looking at having $443 in the job (which he obviously won't do).

The funny thing here is we are talking the exact same films as this post.  He was talking apples and oranges and ended up with an over ripened banana. 

Consumers:  Upselling is not a gimmick.  Straight dyed film will give you uv rejection, glare reduction and depending how much sun it sees a nice look.  After 3 years it is your baby regardless.  Lets equate the difference:  3 tanks of gas, 1 or 2 oil changes, 5 or 6 hand washes, being generous.  For this difference you can have better heat rejection, color stability, lifetime warranty plus the other things mentioned with straight dyed film.  It is not rocket science.  Tinters:  improve your offerings and educate the consumers about the differences of these films.  Everyone comes out better in the long run.

:rollin

[*]278897

Enlightening post FG...

There are hacks on all sides of the business world (consumers, biz owners, installing personnel, distributors and manufacturers... including window film.

If you want to make a living at window film these days (able to fund retirement)... best begin by selling high and delivering on quality to back it up.

TTS has the right idea... competitor raises price to match his, he raises his again to stay on top (and sells up).

All else being equal, people will shop price. Price is not at the top of a consumers list when they leave the house to purchase something... it's number 6.

My sales input... and :lol2 for what it's worth... :lol2