Suntek?? Any good

Guest creedog

I'm a consumer but been around a long time and I'min car industry and have had 30-40 vehicles tinted in my life.  Over half for myself, either to keep or resale.

Guy I been using lately uses SunTek most exclusively, although he will get something different if you're set on it.  He tinted my house about 6 years ago and it's a great job with Suntek tint.  I have a 2000 GMC Z71 that I bought new and had it tinted right away at Rays' with 3M...great job and I swear that tint still looks near perfect to this day.  Ray's was my go to place till the old died and his son run in in the ground.

I've went through several other installers, some good and some better.  One guy on this forum did several for me in his garage and did great work.  The guy I use now does excellent work and it's a 30 minute drive to his shop but he does it for $150 cash where Advanced charges $229 + $30 for the strip and that's not bad it you could count on the install but they have so many different people in and out you can never be sure what level install you will get.  I've used them a couple times and they are closest to me..within 5 minutes.  I rather deal with an installer I know who is personally going to do the job as no matter what quality the film...a %&$# install is still that.  I know with overhead and all $150(No strip) may be a tough price point for lots of shops, but seriously for 1 to 1.5 hours labor and ~$30 worth of film it's still nice profit if there aren't too many hands in the kitty.

Just my opinion and I'll be taking my new Lexus GS350 for HP15 Charcoal all the way around tomorrow.  Can't wait! 

Quick question, is there any advantage to going with the carbon film?  The solar & UV rejection seems much higher on the HP series stuff (Dyed metal).

My car is black & I wanted the blackest looking tint I could find.  Mike said the HP15 charcoal was black/black and seemed more like 11%.

Thanks for providing a useful forum.

Edit...I went with the HP15 because it looked better to me.  One thing is with a black car& dark interior it is very dark!

Great price.. $140...the Carbon would have been $175 & CXP $225

Amazing the differences in price as I called around and $180/carbon was cheapest I found(wanted $280 for CXP), $229 with 3M, $288 with Carbon Suntek & $325 CXP

I'm not cheap, but I do like fair prices and Mike did a great job for very reasonable, so if I have to have it redone because of law enforcement...it'll be alright.

I love it!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suntek window films are awful,i am a window tinter for 30 years,started wih solar guard then global and scorpion brands now my company is using all suntek,please don't again blame the installer,scratches too easy,the film doesn't cooperate well and surprises you later with unexpected flaws and creases I don't like it at all I would rather work with anything else

9 minutes ago, cbacalles said:

suntek window films are awful,i am a window tinter for 30 years,started wih solar guard then global and scorpion brands now my company is using all suntek,please don't again blame the installer,scratches too easy,the film doesn't cooperate well and surprises you later with unexpected flaws and creases I don't like it at all I would rather work with anything else

Edited by cbacalles
no reason