C-Class-Sportcoupe

B-C-D-Mike

Hey there,

we just received a complaint... a Mercedes C-Class Sportcoupe was tinted with non-reflective / non-metallized Charcoal from SolarGard. After the installation the radio and the keys (remote control) don?t work any more...

I?ve heared from another tinter here, who had the same problem by a Sportcoupe.

Is it possible, that the rearwindow /antenna is soooooo thin, that the normal cleaning with (stainless-steel) wool damages the antenna????

We never had a similar problem with any other car - but twice THAT problem by a sportcoupe sounds strange.... :bingo

Guest live_1991
Hey there,

we just received a complaint... a Mercedes C-Class Sportcoupe was tinted with non-reflective / non-metallized Charcoal from SolarGard. After the installation the radio and the keys (remote control) don?t work any more...

Is it possible, that the rearwindow /antenna is soooooo thin, that the normal cleaning with (stainless-steel) wool damages the antenna????

We never had a similar problem with any other car - but twice THAT problem by a sportcoupe sounds strange....  :linedrink

[*]303469

we just had the same problem, what did you have to replace.

ours came to $2,200

back window

amplifier

phone antenna

phone connection

and 4 springs :(

The problem is not with the tint, its with the water, I've had it happen once, when you tint the glass with the hatch in the open position, the water goes into the electronic area, and burns one of the electronic parts, which controls the keyless entry and the radio antena. The car I did was at the dealership, and they fixed it under warrantee.

From now on, when I tint these cars, I dont open the hatch, I get in the back seat, like a regular car, then tint the back glass, this allows the water to flow down, instead of going into the sensitive electronic section.

Guest locketmac

Hello

I have a c class coupe and recently had the windows tinted, my radio now has a poor signal and key remote dosen't work unless right beside car. It has been in to Mercedes garage and they said ot was mainly caused by the back window tint. I have since had the back tint removed it has helped slightly but still far from correct.

Not sure what to do now, take rest of tints off? Take it back in to Mercedes?

Any advice? Could it be this whole hatch open/closed problem?

Thanks. :lol6

Hey there,

We never had a similar problem with any other car - but twice THAT problem by a sportcoupe sounds strange....? :beer

[*]303469

ours came to $2,200

back window

amplifier

phone antenna

phone connection

Hello

I have a c class coupe and recently had the windows tinted, my radio now has a poor signal and key remote dosen't work unless right beside car. It has been in to Mercedes garage and they said ot was mainly caused by the back window tint. I have since had the back tint removed it has helped slightly but still far from correct.

Not sure what to do now, take rest of tints off? Take it back in to Mercedes?

Any advice? Could it be this whole hatch open/closed problem?

Thanks. :beer

Hey there,

We never had a similar problem with any other car - but twice THAT problem by a sportcoupe sounds strange....? :lol6

[*]303469

ours came to $2,200

back window

amplifier

phone antenna

phone connection

You seem to have read everything posted on this thread.

It seems to me that that would be your only 2 options, to work it out between you, the tint shop and your mercedes dealer. I dont beleive anybody on here could tell you the exact problem.

Good luck and I hope everything works out :beer

Archived