2006 e class??? and Tint Laws

Guest tint2match

Sale of Tinted Windows

Last Update: 1/29/2003 6:18:13 PM

Air Date: 1/28/03

The law was written to let police look inside a vehicle, and allow drivers to see clearly outside. It prohibits any tint that allows less than 70 percent of light through the window. Original, factory glass is already very close to that 70 percent mark, so any added tint will make your windows dark enough to get a ticket once the police tint-meter gets a look.

Bruno Natale knows that, but still sells the tint at his northside Syracuse business--CNY Solar Protection. He says the 70 percent rule doesn't provide enough UV protection for people or fabric inside a car. His company lets the buyer beware.

Here at Bruno's shop, everyone who buys tinted windows must sign this waiver. It says I know my car windows are now in violation of state law and if I get pulled over and ticketed, its all my responsibility...not the business.

Natale: "we tint to customer satisfaction. The New York State law says no less than 70 percent light coming in. But if they want it darker tint, we'll also do that."

Until today, Richard Lester's Ziebart franchises in Syracuse, Rochester and Binghamton did the same. Have the customer sign a waiver, and tint the windows. But NewsChannel 9's YOUR STORIES prompted Ziebart to take a closer look at their own liability:

Lester says from now on, Ziebart will only tint back windows on any car and side windows closest to the rear on vans, SUV's and limousines. That's what the law allows. While the law is somewhat vague on the seller's responsibility, one reading of it could leave businesses that install the tint, open to criminal or civil penalties.

Guest Al-tint

If a good lawyer can eat up a marriage prenuptial agreement for rich movie stars, you think your stupid little waiver is going to save your a$$ in court.

Go for it.

Guest tint rookie
If the customer signs a waiver does that take me away from being held responsible for any tint issues?

:beer go 1 better, get some crack and sell that and have the buyers sign a waiver, that way the cops cant hastel you since the buyer signed a waiver :nope

you cant make legal contracts when dealing with !llegal goods mang. I know alot of tinter sthink you can but I would like to see a !llegal contract hold up in court :bat

[*]310238

agreed mang, it was you I quoted earlier.

the funny thing is, a contract based upon !llegal work is null and void.

but they still expect you to pay taxes on it, reciept or not.

true story. dr*g dealer/manufacturer busted in jail. IRS goes after him. you were making roughly ---,--- dollas a year (all based on hypothetical amounts a year, based on how much he was busted with)on your !llegal business, that you didnt pay taxes on. you owe us xx,--- dollas, even though we can in no way prove the actual amount you distributed.

dude threw it right back at em. mo fo actually had reciepts for all the chemicals used in producing the extacy, fuel logs for all miles making deliveries, and pick ups, down to the labor costs of the laboring chemists. he actually went back saying he made more than they accused him of, and ended up paying less due to his record keeping on all his write offs. "if you expect me to pay taxes on an !llegal biz, im taking the write offs" the final verdict. dr*g dealer won. taxes were still paid, but a lesser amount because the writeoffs were accepted.

Guest glassfx

:beer Your in business, start acting like it, they will respect you more.

If you hizzo, expect to be treated that way! I use to do the bad thing when cars were my staple diet......I just asked for cash up front.

When they said W.T.F. :bat , I said :what , sorry :bat , thems the rules.

Had happy relations from then on out! :bat

Archived