1994 T-Bird

Guest Retro Tint

Guest Key West
That's one of those cars that I just stayed away from... :idea

I can get them done in one piece, but GOD what a PITA!!! :bat I quote them at 350.00 and cross my fingers!!

On a lighter note,.... after the new ones came out, and before I had seen them, I had quoted a guy 300.00. thinking of the "old" ones. It arrived at my shop and when I looked at it I went KACHING!!! :beer

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
I wonder if you can turn a 60 0r 72 sideways (factory edges on the sides) anchor center top to bottom

and shrink away!! If that would make it any easier!! :bat:idea I don't have the time and patients to play around with it unless I owned one!! plus I only have 36" and 40"s!!

Try and follow this. Film shrinks DOWN on a curved glass. You can shrink film to a convex surface, Try to shrink film to a concave surface :tw When the Berrettas were popular, I got a back glass from a junkyard. I would shrink the top on the outside, then flip the glass, re-apply the pattern and shrink the bottom, shrinking it DOWN. same with the T-bird. :beer

most "dove tail" windows just will lay down on the bottom...no shrinking on the outside or inside.....same with the T-bird, Beretta, Ponitac Grand Prix (mid to late 90's), late 90's Caprice, and of course the "oh my you can do that in one piece" Camaro or Firebird.....

most "dove tail" windows just will lay down on the bottom...no shrinking on the outside or inside.....same with the T-bird, Beretta, Ponitac Grand Prix (mid to late 90's), late 90's Caprice, and of course the "oh my you can do that in one piece" Camaro or Firebird.....

:beer agree but Im the only one on here that agrees about the camaros- its all how you squeegee it

yeah, the 96? on camaros are just simple on shrink.....a few small fingers at the top and the big pocket will lay out on the inside. I have "shrunk" that bottom and had more fits than not doing anything. I use 2 blue max and run the film down with both hands. Of course pro-bond on the edge is great to make it stick better. I don't guess I have done one since I switched to Film-on, and I would bet that it will lay down even better now.

Before I believed that the camaro would lay out like this, I spent 4 hours trying to get one shrunk and to lay down. It was a bit cold and the one or two pieces that I got to lay on the outside would not lay on the inside or sitck for me. Then I tried and left the film bottom alone and.......the rest is history! :beer

I don't recall that style of Grand prix having the same effect as the rest of the cars mentioned :beer my memory might be going :idea

Guest irishhanks2
I'm glad to hear its just not me. I wasted a whole day on this P.O.S. Finally gave up and pieced it. I admit I did a half azz job of piecing it also. Bad mood wrong frame of mind. Knocked 40.00 off of price ( to match job he recieved ), but bugged me all night, so I called and offered to give it another shot. So yes, I've screwed myself again but just could'nt leave it be.

When shrinking, the edges the film wants to roll up as opposed to lay down. Almost like its to tight around curve. This is also how it lays naturally before heating. I do'nt know if this is good description , but has anybody else experienced this?

there are two ways I do it, I'll try it one peace you do not heat the bottom kinda like you do on a camreo you kind force it down slowly with a hard card and heat only the fingers at the top you may heat the bottom center but never the corners(this is a dry shrink method I wipe the intire rear window down with a rag soaked with ivory bar soap and water and let it dry.) sometimes it works some times it don't

the second way I do it if the first fails I'll do a two peace seamless on the bottom defog line thats the easiest way no bubbles no troubles I always say :lol hope this helps

Guest Key West
there are two ways I do it, I'll try it one peace you do not heat the bottom kinda like you do on a camreo you kind force it down slowly with a hard card and heat only the fingers at the top you may heat the bottom center but never the corners(this is a dry shrink method I wipe the intire rear window down with a rag soaked with ivory bar soap and water and let it dry.) sometimes it works some times it don't

the second way I do it if the first fails I'll do a two peace seamless on the bottom defog line thats the easiest way no bubbles no troubles I always say :poke hope this helps

ALL seams look like :beer .... Remember? :beer

Archived