Plotter system

Another perspective...

Plotter/ computer cut window film serves well when there are high numbers of the same makes and models coming at you... they do not work as well in this situation with a one man operation. Two person, different story...

You really have to way the cost/benefits closely to make a good decision on computer cut systems. There are 3-4 out there at the moment of which half will provide the needed technical support after your purchase, the other half only when you can get them to commit.

You still need to have custom cut capabilities and always will... automated cutting systems will never phase out this need. Look at the entire picture and you may find that you agree... looking at it with tunnel vision will have you leaning in favor of one or the other. Neither truly threatens the existence of the other.

Your decision, not mine or anyone else's.

[*]326297

[*]326707

oh no I got it, I read it, then if you still need custom cut capabilities then why buy one in the first place? :lol6:lol6

... :DD:thumb:beer

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest striper

ive used Tint-Tek since its been around, it has improved drasticly over the years. paterns fit very well and consistant. it really dosent save too much time overall but at the end of a busy day you will feel alot fresher since you get to rest while the film is getting cut instead of doing it on the car,and you will be more likely to take in thatcar that shows up at 5:00 and wants it done then! also 1 big thing to me is that it eliminates the steps of having water running down the side if the car and leaving streaks and possiably nicking or cutting rubber moldings and having to hold a light inside of the rear glass to see to trim(dark tint) . every cut is the same!

also small french panes it is a killer on saving time and headaches.

and yes we can still hand cut with the best of you guys.

if you have a busy shop its worth the cost!!

car dealers like it to beacause they bring cars over that are freshly detailed ready for delivery and they dont want water running down the doors and qtrs.( dark or black cars especially)

please dont bash me! this is just my opinion from experiance!!

I had a tinter I hired a couple of years ago that had alot of experiance and was a awsome tinter that was so negitive about using it it was rediculous. after he used it on a couple of cars he said that this is the only way to go and swears by it now! so dont bash it till you try it!

TINT I can cut by hand and did for years . Some crs I still cut by hand because the pattern is not very good (mostly older cars though)

Reasons to use aplotter most ahve been stated allready such as it will save you about ten minutes a car. If your busy enough that adds up. graphics , paint protection are added benefits.

Also there are these benefits as well

No more damn rainguard issues, no scratched glass , no more gaskets getting cut. les we not forget cars like the dreaded 92 bonnevile who wants to cut that out by hand. If you have to vinyl the matrix most cars can be cut on the plotter

It is also good for marketing because the customer just assumes that computer cut tint. Means that you have the exact specs of the window and it will cut exact. they dont know that it is still cut by hand first. I have had a few customers call and ask is it cut by hand or computer. Of course I know how to sell so I let them know that it is both depending on thier car. this way I cant be outsold by a computer cut guy or a hand cut guy

Although yes you still have to know how to cut by hand . If the system goes down , and you have 4 cars to do. If you cant cut by hand your screwed.

again I say rookies, and for those who dont know how to tint, scratches on windows, nicks? scratching ? gaskets getting cut? what the hell? I've never done that even when I started out........im not directing my comments to anyone on here, just I think its a bad investment except for those who sell it making the money...........I thrive for quality not quantity and speed...

Guest striper

rookies?????

ive been tinting twice as long as you! so whos the rookie?

get you a plotter and you can have quality and quanitity.

that equals more$$$$$$$$$$$$$$thats why we are in biz anyway isnt it?

excuse me if I sound rude, but people like TINT rub me the wrong way somtimes.

you aren't the only one :bingo guess I'm a rookie too. there are plenty of times I love the plotter. for the most part I use mine for PPF, vinyl, and graphics but those things are sweet for windshield strips that I h@te cutting....back windows on trucks with canopies....

but I feel no need to justify our plotter use to anyone. you don't like 'em...don't get one.

rookies?????

ive been tinting twice as long as you! so whos the rookie?

get you a plotter and you can have quality and quanitity.

that equals more$$$$$$$$$$$$$$thats why we are in biz anyway isnt it?

excuse me if I sound rude, but people like TINT rub me the wrong way somtimes.

[*]326818

:lol2:bingo

ok I take it back. this jiggra been around so long that he needs a computer cut machine, I undestand :lol2

other option besides computer cut, is retirement.......at your age its !llegal to be tinting anyway :spit:lol2

Archived