Liner for felt shields

Guest clear image

Guest clear image

I've tried a lot of ways to install film without debri, especially those pain doors Taurus, 97' ish Impalas. Until now. Using liner sheets. Clean glass as usual, then with glass an inch or so down, cut a left over liner sheet the height of the glass on the inside, from the bottom door gasket to the top of the window and about 18" long horizontally. Lay it on the inside that way with the rigt side of it laying overtop the right verticale door post and the reat still on the glass. Now tuck the right side in with a bondo squeege, lil chizler or whatever you choose, between the glass and the right verticle door trim. The liner sheet is now laying on the glass and behind the right verticle door trim. Take the left side of the liner, lift it off the glass and rap it around the right verticle door molding from the inside to the outside laying it now on the outside of the window and at the same time keeping the tucked part in place. This seals off the felt. Do the left side the same way. Flood both sides to remove any left over residue, squeege, myst again and install. Once finished just pull liner that is still tucked between the gaskets and glass. DONE! No fuzz... no fuss. Try it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And why shoudn't I just keep using tape? It is so much easier. :lol2

[*]326274

:spit

I've read this post 3 times and If I do understand it correctly ..then still using masking tape seems to be a whole lot easier IMO...or am I missing something in the translation where this is a better method :lol6

Guest clear image

I've used tape, hair spray and the like. But liner sheets are free. You have them in abundance. Tape doesn't stick well all the time.IMO it seems much quicker to do as well. I just thought I would pass it along. Work with whats best for you, but never be close minded to new ideas. Remember when heat shrinking was 'New' to the bis? Or how about reverse rolling film.

But liner sheets are free.

but never be close minded to new ideas.

[*]326308

I don't think the cost of masking tape would concern too many shop owners (lucky if I would use 10 cents a car :lol2 )

You are correct on not being closed minded though (Y)..that's in part of what this web site is for ..not bustin' your chops ..just can't picture it more efficient than taping , doesn't mean it doesn't work great ..I'd have to see it done :lol6

if I was close minded I wouldn't have opened the thread and wouldn't have asked a question. Excuse my English for I propably should have said "seems so much easier".

Give us foreigners a bit more credit for having good intentions with what we try to say.

And keep the tips coming, if they work for you they are worth posting.

By the way what about using those liner sheets for the bottom gasket to be able to tuck in the film with the door panel in place?

Guest naughtydog
By the way what about using those liner sheets for the bottom gasket to be able to tuck in the film with the door panel in place?

Can you expand on this for me Kohler??

Naughty

A picture would help. I read your tip a couple times, but loose your intentions part-way through. Call me dyslexic, but I can't picture what you are doing. Are you using long, thin strips of liner, tucked into the vertical seals?

Personally, I don't use tape or anything on these. Just flushing and wiping them before installation. I don't have an issue with contamination, but if I do get a couple specks, this is where they originate. I don't know if a couple specks of dust will constitute spending an extra five minutes on each window... but maybe for that PITA customer I would.

Archived