Decided on tint, any thoughts?

Guest bltoe21

Guest bltoe21

Hello all,

First, this site has been extremely helpful in my search for the right tint...lotsa info in the archives. I am having my car tinted tomorrow and wanted to run my idea by yall, especially Blade and the other Solar Gard installers.

The car is a 97 bmw 528i, color is silver with a slight blue tint, and I am as of now going with Solar Gard HP True Grey: 38% front, 28% sides, and 18% rear window. This is legal in my state (FL). From my reading I believe the transition from front to side to rear will not be very noticeable since there is only a 10% difference. From your experience is this true? I like the even darkness look and do not want too much of a contrast from one window to the next and have also thought of 38% all around or 38% front and sides with 28% rear or 38% front and the rest 18%.

I am looking for a cooler interior, leather protection, good looks, and slight privacy though I still want people to be able to make eye contact with me for safety reasons.

I had Formula One on my last vehicle and used comfort 30% all around. The film appeared brownish at times and I am looking for more of a deep black look with not too much reflectivity.

I am not set on Solar Gard and would consider other brands if you think they would better match my criteria though I know how touchy of a subject film brand is here.

THANK YOU in advance!

Dustin

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have experience with SG, but I normally suggest that you have all side windows done with the same shade. This is merely a personal opinion, but I do not like the transition between front and rear doors. A transition between the rear door/quarter windows and the back glass is barely noticable.

I have a 540i and an M3. Both of these cars I tinted with 35% on all side glass, and 20% on the very rear. This way, it looks as though the car is tinted in one shade, but with the back glass being darker, it makes the side glass appear a bit darker than it really is.

I had Formula One on my last vehicle and used comfort 30% all around. The film appeared brownish at times and I am looking for more of a deep black look with not too much reflectivity.

THANK YOU in advance!

Dustin

[*]326428

Guess you haven't seen FormulaOne's Pinnacle, then... Probably wasn't available your last visit. :thumb

Guest bltoe21

THANK YOU in advance!

Dustin

[*]326428

Guess you haven't seen FormulaOne's Pinnacle, then... Probably wasn't available your last visit. :thumb

[*]326435

I don't believe it was. I am open to new ideas though. I have been looking at the ultimate series and from reading here and on formula one's site it seems to be more of what I am after than the comfort series. I believe the Premiere series would be more reflective than I want.

Dustin

Guest bltoe21
check out SUNTEK..they have a good line of film also

:thumb

[*]326479

I took a look at their website. From the spec sheet it looks like they make some top performing film lines. The site didn't have an installer directory though...any idea how I can see if there's an installer in my area?

Thanks

Dustin

check out SUNTEK..they have a good line of film also

:thumb

[*]326479

I took a look at their website. From the spec sheet it looks like they make some top performing film lines. The site didn't have an installer directory though...any idea how I can see if there's an installer in my area?

Thanks

Dustin

[*]326500

What is your location?

Archived