damaged vehicles

who pays for the damage  

19 members have voted

1. 1. who pays for the damage

• the shop
    • the employee who damaged it
    • the shop splits the cost with the employee
    • other

it's the shop's responsibility to pay for damage to a customer's vehicle. The customer brought the car to your your shop, not the employee's shop, now however you get that money back out of your employee is up to you.

[*]326779

I agree the shop should take care of it but I think it should come out of the empoyees check :bingo

Guest windoworx

If they are hourly employees, then the shop should pay. If they are commissioned, then they pay the percent of the split. If they are more of a problem than they are worth, pink slip time.

Even good/great employees stray every once and a while. As managers, it is your job to help control and console these people. Employees who are very profitable get more leeway.

This has been my philosophy, but I am open to debate. If you are making good profit I think it is best to put it with cost of doing business(to a point).

If they are hourly employees, then the shop should pay. If they are commissioned, then they pay the percent of the split.  If they are more of a problem than they are worth, pink slip time.

Even good/great employees stray every once and a while. As managers, it is your job to help control and console these people. Employees who are very profitable get more leeway.

This has been my philosophy, but I am open to debate.  If you are making good profit I think it is best to put it with cost of doing business(to a point).

[*]326797

Well put brother.

If they are hourly employees, then the shop should pay. If they are commissioned, then they pay the percent of the split.  If they are more of a problem than they are worth, pink slip time.

This has been my philosophy, but I am open to debate.  If you are making good profit I think it is best to put it with cost of doing business(to a point).

[*]326797

Well put brother.

[*]326798

:bingo

Guest tintgod

IMO...I think accidents happen..so I think the shop owner should pay for it...BUT..if it is something that happen on a regular basic...then let the employee know..maybe have a "three strikes and you are out" policy..I think doing this..you are letting the employee know that you don't tolerate that..plus ..it will give the employees to think about things a little better before taking things apart or getting in a seat with a knife in the pocket or laying blades around

Archived