How long does it take you to shrink a BG?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SIR TINTSALOT

it usually takes me an hour and fifteen minutes to an hour and a half to tint a four door car all the way around, and that includes cleaning the windows and pulling up the seals after the tint job is done.

I probaly could do it faster if I wanted to, but I like to make sure I don't lack on quality by trying to go too fast.

I don't believe a word any of you nuts say.  :gasp

[*]329267

:gasp Yes, I can shrink a standard back glass in about 5-10 minutes, but if I said I could to all cutting, installing, shrinking, and panel pullling/replacing, cleaning, final cleaning, and invoicing in less than an hour, I would be lying. Sure, I can easily do a two-window truck job in way less than one hour... but not a full four-door. Without interruptions, a typical four door (with panels like the Pontiac) takes me about 1.75 hours.

I will agree with that one. In the climate where I am, speed in not an issue... and even if it was, I would be more concerned with quality than speed, or price. That's how I stay in business... most people know where they will get the high quality jobs. And, when that's the case, people will pay you more for those jobs and then the issue of speed becomes less important.

Oh, and that time that I posted for a typical four-door is my 'mid-summer' speed. With the lack of tinting I do all winter, I lose a lot of efficiency, and that same car will normally take me up to 2.5 hours in February or March... summer is 1.75 hours.

Archived