How long does it take you to shrink a BG?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I then divide the film into quarters and work each quarter out.? Those take me apx 15 mins per quarter to work out.

[*]328131

That's a very long time for heating..I'd look at getting a better heatgun or strapping 2 together (not a choice of many but I like it)

I don't do H pattern, but if I did..it wouldn't take more than a minute for each 1/4 section .

The rest of your procedure sounds dead on :cool

[*]328135

Then how do you anchor down? Just a strip down the middle horizontaly ?

Hrmmm. I don't know if a second heat gun would make it any faster. It just doesnt seam like my time is "waiting for the tint to shrink" I think it's just time from weeding down the fingers, moving the tint to another verticle finger then a quick pass with the heat gun shrinks it down.

I use the squeegy cause the tint is difficult to move. I thought the soap method would make the tint float very freely on the glass, but its sorta sticky, which is why I use the yellow squeegy cause I have to apply firm pressure to the tint to weed the fingers from horzontal to verticle so I can shrink them.

Guest Sprinter

ask your supplier for a video on shrinking back windows at least you will be able to see someone shrink it out infront of you so you will see and get the idea of what were all trying to tell you.

the shrinking process on most back windows takes less than 5 minutes.

Just the shrink time....dry- 5 minutes or less on most cars. Installed usually in under 20 minutes start to finish.

Just keep wasting film until you get it. It's one of those things where a guy can only explain how to do it to a certain point, and after that point you are literally on your own through trial and error. Each tinter sees the film differently while it is shrinking.

While shrinking a back window, you will sometimes bouce around from one spot to another and then back for a second, then right back where you were, but don't ask a guy why he is doing it that way, because like someone said earlier...it's a just a feel thing and you react to what the film is doing, most times without even realizing why or when.

You'll get it if you keep trying :wall

don't sweat it K,

speed comes with time

stick to quality, it is worth more than speed

after a couple of years those 4 hour cars,

....................become 2 hour cars

besides there are enough imports rollin

that have much less radius to shrink

and are much quicker

after about 50 or so mustangs

....hour and a half tops, and quality work  :wall

[*]328116

:wall That pretty much sums it up. It will get quicker with experience. I usually spend more time waiting for my sizing (soap solution) to dry (while having a cig break) than I do actually shrinking (which is about five minutes on a standard car).

Guest clear image

Try dry shrinking. Anchoring the middle and shrinking the bottom and top in a arched "C" evenly and toward the middle. Gradually making the "C" smaller and smaller as you progress. Work a broader area then just "a" finger. You'll have better success shrinking all the film as you go instead of just a small area, like a finger.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

dry shrinking a stang or pontiac is usually 2-3 minuted just for the shrink, the whole install takes me 10-20 minutes depending on how many distractions I got in between and if I was out partying the night before!

Archived