first 50 min install

Guest jparizek

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest unsivilized
you spelled 'uncivilized' wrong  :thumb

[*]332414

;) would it be civilized if I spelled it right ?

Couple major things, if its going to take me an hour I tell the customer 2 hours, if it looks like something hard (like a saturn or 89 honda) leave it for a day in case I have a problem......I think keeping the customer aware of the time is major, the only thing I say when time matters is when they are in the waiting room and you tell them its gonna take one hour and your going on 3 :nc

Guest redgtxdi

Whew!! Makes me feel better! LOL!!!!

After not having picked up a piece of film in...well...........a lotta years, I had to do a couple rear quarters today to start my own car & found myself obsessing about cuts. I kept trimming here & trimming there. Then after I got it on I started stressin' over fingers. Like I didn't have the confidence I could get 'em out.

Sure enough, after workin' 'em a while, I got 'em out. Then I found some edge bubbles (probably contamination) that I had to work out carefully 'cuz I was gettin' into some tight spots...........

...........now I know what the sharp triangle tools are for, LOL!!!!..............

Sad part was I looked up & it literally took me 2 hours to do 2 windows. (booo) I feel rusty, for sure!!! & I've still gotta' perform my first shrinkin' job you guys started doin' in the last couple decades........LOL!!!

:thumb

Guest jparizek
"quality was just like any other tint I do. nice and clean"

for some reason I doubt that.........

coming from someone who's done many 45 minute cars in his past and used to convince himself they looked just as good as the 2 hour ones, we all know better, dude.

Sorry there dude, but it WAS very clean and well done. like they say, its the internet, I dont care if you dont believe me. :thumb

good job now you can schedule 8 cars a day and still have 10 mins between job for break....what part of hawaii you from....I'm coming to vacation the big island after x-mas...

this reminds me of a story of two bull on a hill old bull and a young bull...the young bull says how bout we run down this hill and "F" one of thosw cows....and the old bull says why don't we walk and "F" all of them.....

Guest Beeline
:nc I remember those days when I cared about time....

[*]331757

:thumb Quality and customers are way more important than time.

[*]331835

So im guessing customers dont care about time........

[*]332340

I tell every customer about 2 hrs. It Never takes that long.

"quality was just like any other tint I do. nice and clean"

for some reason I doubt that.........

coming from someone who's done many 45 minute cars in his past and used to convince himself they looked just as good as the 2 hour ones, we all know better, dude.

Sorry there dude, but it WAS very clean and well done. like they say, its the internet, I dont care if you dont believe me. :lol6

[*]332545

This is how all trades work, whether it is a stereo shop, tint shop, detail shop, mechanic, etc. Take 2 guys working seperate from one another on the same rig, both with say 20 years experiance, the guy that is slower will ALWAYS say the faster guy doesn't do as good a job, and the faster guy will always say that he has poor technique.

Never ending cycle, and on the internet it is even worse. No way of really knowing without seeing the others work, but even then it won't do any good, and it wouldn't matter even if you could.

Archived