Axius at WalMart...........

Guest redgtxdi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I'll be giving feedback as time goes by.  I just put some on my beater & it actually didn't feel too bad.  I didn't use the 'best' or 'better' stuff either, I simply used the non-metalized, plain-jane 'good' stuff.

It's some leftover I had & that vehicle is still lookin' good, so we'll see.

My initial impressions are that it can crease easily compared to the old-school Llumar I used to have. (so be aware if you ever touch the stuff).

I was pleasantly surprised at how it set.  I had noticed that some of the newer films don't like to *grab* right away compared to what my old mind is used to.  This stuff leaves itself 'slippable' for a few minutes, then transitions nicely to grabbing.  I was pleasantly surprised in this regard.  (I used some 3M last year that I recall took a good while to get the fingers out of.........as in "next morning" & still workin' 'em out, kinda' long while).

It seems fine so far.  I'm gonna keep an eye on it and I'm also gonna play a little, by installing pieces spread out in weeks.  My car sits in the sun at work all day & this would probably go over even better during the summer.........but oh well.......it's a long term test anyway, so maybe next summer will tell the tale.

Now, don't get me wrong.........I know this stuff isn't professional film, but I'm just curious to see what it can do.

Remember................folks laughed at Hyundai 10yrs ago..........Now?..........not so much!!

[*]332885

:hmmm I still laugh at Hyundai,s! :hmmm

Well, I'll be giving feedback as time goes by.  I just put some on my beater & it actually didn't feel too bad.  I didn't use the 'best' or 'better' stuff either, I simply used the non-metalized, plain-jane 'good' stuff.

It's some leftover I had & that vehicle is still lookin' good, so we'll see.

My initial impressions are that it can crease easily compared to the old-school Llumar I used to have. (so be aware if you ever touch the stuff).

I was pleasantly surprised at how it set.  I had noticed that some of the newer films don't like to *grab* right away compared to what my old mind is used to.  This stuff leaves itself 'slippable' for a few minutes, then transitions nicely to grabbing.  I was pleasantly surprised in this regard.  (I used some 3M last year that I recall took a good while to get the fingers out of.........as in "next morning" & still workin' 'em out, kinda' long while).

It seems fine so far.  I'm gonna keep an eye on it and I'm also gonna play a little, by installing pieces spread out in weeks.  My car sits in the sun at work all day & this would probably go over even better during the summer.........but oh well.......it's a long term test anyway, so maybe next summer will tell the tale.

Now, don't get me wrong.........I know this stuff isn't professional film, but I'm just curious to see what it can do.

Remember................folks laughed at Hyundai 10yrs ago..........Now?..........not so much!!

[*]332885

And You are right.....Let's folk laughing.....

Guest afterhours

I tinted the windows on my own vehicle in high school when I as 15 and saw the truck yesterday (that was a shock it was still running) and it still had the tint on the windows. I used parts store brand 5% on it and the tint was almost clear purple. I just thought it was funny seeing the truck and noticing the windows havent seen it in about 8 years.

ps. the truck looked about as good as the tint on it.

I tinted a new TL with Axius window tint that a customer brought.

not bad though. its like LLUMAR, except its not "greenish" :beer

[*]332973

AXIUS products not from fifth league manufacturers....May be the third :hump In reality not bad.....Guys look around - everything around is MADE IN CHINA :lol2:lol2:beer

But not window films :hmmm Chinese window films is still piece of :hmmm But I think in 4-5 years situation will be changed... May be faster :beer Let's be realists....

Guest redgtxdi
I tinted a new TL with Axius window tint that a customer brought.

not bad though. its like LLUMAR, except its not "greenish" :beer

[*]332973

I still saw some pretty heavy green in it, but I only used the "good" stuff.....(non metallized).

Do you know which version your customer brought you??

(Reminds me......damn.....I need to get a radius tool!) :beer

Guest redgtxdi

Maybe I'll tint each window different. One "good", next "better" & another "best"!

Then I'll have Axius endorse my Camry as I drive around with a big a55 banner on the side........"Axius films!".

:beer

Curly Bill turns to Ringo:

CURLY BILL

What'd the Messican mean, a sick

Horse's gonna get us? Didn't make

No sense.

RINGO

He was quoting the bible,

Revelations: "Behold a pale Camry

And the one that sat in it was

Death and Hell followed with him."

Archived