Ontario tint laws?

Guest tdidarryl

Guest jason98

hey guys whats up im jason I own my own tinting buisness in brantford ontario and was just wondering if anyone new anyone that would like there tint done let me know thanxs

Glad to be here TW. I haven't been replying to the topics due to that I started working for myself since july of 2006. I'm always up for a challenage so I thought opening a business would give me that. Lot's of work :krazy

I'm always up for a challenage so I thought opening a business would give me that. Lot's of work :krazy

Amazing how many people think it's easy to own your own business :thumb Ottawa would be a good place to own a tint biz..often thought of having a second location there , but one MAJOR drawback for me..I don't speak a word of french so I'd go belly up pretty quick I think in that city :poke

hey TW, I just had a customer in this weekend from up your way...well, he's a cop in TO but spends a fair bit of time up in "cottage country"....just north of peterborough. He came down for warranty work (id say put his windows down too early....but what do I know :krazy ) he wouldnt go to any shops up in TO because of the chitty work they were putting out. :thumb next time ill give him your number...and you can send me the bill....save him some gas. :poke

it was a hmmmmmm...like 03 (or so) civic 2 door. the driver side lifted by the mirror and he says he has no idea why....seems they had a really hard time taking the rest of the tint off. then..after driving around for a month or so with it peeled he went to a tint shop...that it seems sells the same brand of tint that we sell. seems this shop wouldnt micro-edge or shave it...he said that all their vehicles had a minimum 1/4" gap and the cut was "all jagged". he asked for it to be like the last one and they said that they couldnt do it and if they did they wouldnt warranty it. :spit he ended up walking and decided that he would get it fixed next time home.....but after a couple of months ended up pulling off the passenger side so that "they would match". he expected me to replace that side for free too..... :nope:lol2 (not gonna happen) so I told him how much I would charge for the pass. side and that the drivers side would be under warranty (even though I hadn't seen it) and he griped a bit at first but paid the price (well...his mom did)

I took the panel off and didnt see any reason that the tint would have peeled except for putting it down early.... :nope . either way..he is taken care of and happy and is bringing me his g/f civic next trip down. :nope

Archived