Frosted Glass

Guest TintPoser
I have a church that has frosted glass in it and they want to add film to it.  The frosted side is facing the outside.  The interior side is semi-smooth.  It seems to have a very light grain to it, not as smooth as normal glass.  Anyone ever experienced this before?

[*]335594

Unless you are using vinyl. walk away.

Guest carbontc
I have a church that has frosted glass in it and they want to add film to it.  The frosted side is facing the outside.  The interior side is semi-smooth.  It seems to have a very light grain to it, not as smooth as normal glass.  Anyone ever experienced this before?

[*]335594

When I work with frosted glass; especially in bathrooms, I clean the frosted part with Ultra Bond Concentrated (half ounce/gall of water) brand FTI, then I go over with pure alcohol, I dont wipe it out, I let it dry by itself then I procede to adhere the film and using the blue-max pad I go over gently, then make the cut using my knife and then I press gently on edges, and that's it.

When becoming the installation of 8-mil this is my favorite part, because it is the easiest and fastest part of the house. It doesnt come off once it is established. Zero bubbles!

-Chris

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I used st inf35 ds on some bathroom frosted glass and it stuck no prob, but the surface was pretty smooth. You guys kinda scared me for a second cause I thought there was some kinda rule about not tinting frosted glass because it might crack the glass that I didn't know about

Guest carbontc
I used st inf35 ds on some bathroom frosted glass and it stuck no prob, but the surface was pretty smooth. You guys kinda scared me for a second cause I thought there was some kinda rule about not tinting frosted glass because it might crack the glass that I didn't know about

[*]342656

Dont worry my friend, it works. :thumb

Archived