Frosted Glass

Guest VOLTRON

I tinted a home that had frosted glass in the bathroom, we originally tinted it with a cdf adhesive and it didnt stick very well so we went back and tinted it with Huper Optik which has a ps adhesive and that worked out well.

If you do tint the windows I would recomend using a more agressive adhesive or ps adhesive.

I have a church that has frosted glass in it and they want to add film to it.  The frosted side is facing the outside.  The interior side is semi-smooth.  It seems to have a very light grain to it, not as smooth as normal glass.  Anyone ever experienced this before?

[*]335594

I will try explain how - as my english will allow. We did a lot of frosted glasses, so You have to install film from other side - where NO FROST. That's easy and no any problem. But if You want to install film on side which is frosted - You must check the tecnhology of frosting - sandblast, special adhesive e.t.c. It is possible to install on frost too, but it depends of frosting technology. In some case the water drops will e seen on frost anycase.

Guest VOLTRON

they are saying stay away because the surface isnt smooth and that will compramise the bond to the glass.

A ps adhesive will be fine just tell the customer whats going on and be honest. Tell them that the surface isnt smooth and explain that there wont be a gaurantee but it should work out fine.

Archived