Cracked laminated side glass

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

what are these guys thinking putting this shiat in car doors?

today, I had a guy come in with a new durango. done them before, no problems---yet. I crack (no pun intended) the windows a little and notice the passenger door glass is cracked across the top corner. with the window rolled up, you couldn't see it unless you were looking for it.

I show the guy, and naturally, he says "what did you do?"

I said, "uh, nothing. I haven't touched it yet." :hmmm

I then explain to him that his new car has laminated side glass, and is a major mistake by dodge. he says he can't believe it, and calls the dealership and talks to the salesman.

the salesman says there's no way it could have a crack in it--because it's "safety" glass. :lol

so I get on the phone with the salesman, and explain to him what the problem is. he didn't even know what laminated glass was. I told him they were going to have to put a new glass in for this guy, since it was obviously already broken before the guy bought it. (the owner says he had never even rolled the windows down yet) so

so, you guys need to look at these glasses VERY closely before doing any work on them. you definately don't want to get blamed for one of these and have to buy it, because they ain't cheap.

Guest tintgod

I dont know if any one remembers a while back a did a lexus that have laminated glass on it ..and I tinted it..and a few days later he came back saying the tint was bubbling..and he brought it in and the focking thing was cracked...I told him there must have been a imperfection in the glass on the edge..cuz the crack came from under the door panel seal..and at the edge of the glass inside the piller seal..not even close to where I did any work

luckly..this guy was cool..and just said I will take it back to the dealer..and have them get me a new one..he did..but it took him about a month to get it

I agree..this lam glass is bull @#$%..

Guest tintgod

and you never know...something like the above can happen to you..where you dont see the imperfection and tint it..and then down the road the window carcks and you know you are going to be the first on to be blamed..

We don't get Lexus cars in my area so laminated glass was never an issue to deal with..can someone do me/us a favor and start an "official laminated glass " list just like the one I started with the "official felting list" I started a while back :welcome

Guest thetintshop
can someone do me/us a favor and start an "official laminated glass " list

[*]346671

I already did one about a year or so ago. even had the NAGS parts numbers listed. somebody search for it.

Archived