3M?

Guest jason11286

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jason11286

luckily blade in colorado or at least in my town the state troopas don't give a rats azz unless you're pimpin the 5% Gila on all windows. 27% is minimum for hear, but everybody gets away with 20% round these parts. speakin of 5% I'll post later tonight or tom. about a job I got presented with lol and the amount of money for it :O:O:O just outta curiosity, how hard/expensive is a business license to get?

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

different cities have different rules to get a business permit. Where I'm from all you got to do is go to the city hall and pay a small fee, and then go and pay to get a fictitous name. They make you publish the fictitous name in the annoucement area of the newspaper. As long as you keep paying your city taxes every quarter you'll be in business.

Guest jason11286

sweet I might have to go do that just so I can get whatever window film I feel necessary. kinda off topic but this guy in my town who's a few years older than me has a jet black 02 Grand Am GT 2 dr. its got lambo doors, HID headlight kit, and, :lol6 he has a $10k+ stereo system installed. anyway, he heard I had done some window tinting and wants me to do his car. get this: he wants 20% on the windshield, and 5% on the rest of the windows......well not just 5%........TRIPLE 5%!! I looked at him with a look kinda like that ------> :DD and said do you know how f***** !llegal that is? he said he didnt care, would pay cash, no receipt, no worries about warranty, won't tell where he got it done. I told him ok, do you know how much $$$$$ that is gonna cost you then? he said...."I don't really care, I'll pay you $600 cash up front when I deliver the car to you. I told him I'd have to think about it.........what do you guys think?

I've been waiting till someone posted a header like this.

Here are my observations on the 3M Carbon 35% film I now have on my car.

The colour is definately sensational....probably one of the most attractive NR films I've ever fitted.

Solar rejection is also quite good.:evilgrin

Here are the negatives.

1. My film definately has too many optical distortions in the base material. If you know what you are talking about it is very obvious.

2. It has the poorest SR coating I've ever come across. This relates to softness and its propensity to scratch more easily than other film makes.

I've already replaced the driver's side front door glass film.

3. It's adhesive marks very easily through the film on cars that have tight fitting rubbers with no felt on them.

This is particularly evident is our local family Ford car and I have seen a 5 month old job that should be replaced and others of the same ilk.

Similar installs on the same car using MEP film installed by the same competitor show no such signs of adhesive impression after 3-4 years.

That can say only one thing...the 3M product is not all that good compared to a world leader in films.

4. The film is very grainy and can be likened to what I have experienced with Solargard at times.

Summary...what I have been served up sure isn't worth the money nor the adulations that this powerhouse of world quality symbolism represents.

I wouldn't have it again.

Devil

sweet I might have to go do that just so I can get whatever window film I feel necessary. kinda off topic but this guy in my town who's a few years older than me has a jet black 02 Grand Am GT 2 dr. its got lambo doors, HID headlight kit, and,  :inot he has a $10k+ stereo system installed. anyway, he heard I had done some window tinting and wants me to do his car. get this: he wants 20% on the windshield, and 5% on the rest of the windows......well not just 5%........TRIPLE 5%!! I looked at him with a look kinda like that ------> :evilgrin  and said do you know how f***** !llegal that is? he said he didnt care, would pay cash, no receipt, no worries about warranty, won't tell where he got it done. I told him ok, do you know how much $$$$$ that is gonna cost you then? he said...."I don't really care, I'll pay you $600 cash up front when I deliver the car to you. I told him I'd have to think about it.........what do you guys think?

[*]361806

I'd tell him no way. Again take the high road and stay legal

3 layers of 5% is roughly .0125% That's just plain stupid.

He might as well paint the windows black.

Besides, you're probably asking for problems with the install layering film that much. It would look like crapola when you're done, unless you really know what you're doing.

Here's a fun experiment:

take 3 pieces of 5% film large enough to cover your eyes and hold all 3 up over your eyes at the same time. You can BARELY see outside in daylight!

Demonstrate this to the guy, and hopefully he'll "see the light" :evilgrin

Archived