separating PPF

Guest ShadyKat

Guest ShadyKat

Any suggestions how to separate an eight foot section of PPF by yourself? I was thinking of taking a ten foot table and putting one of those things that hold the fish down while you scale them?but I :twocents

Seriously, any constructive suggestion is helpful. :ohcrap

I've backrolled pieces like that and I've peeled them using my wall-mounted glass peeler.  I prefer a second guy though  :barf

[*]364256

:heh

back roll it and use lots of soapy water, set one side of the material and stretch accross then set the other side, and work it out.

Guest ShadyKat
I've backrolled pieces like that and I've peeled them using my wall-mounted glass peeler.  I prefer a second guy though  :flip

[*]364256

What is a glass peeler? :flip

Guest ShadyKat
:lol

gallery_13049_18_7131.jpg

[*]364891

Thanks for the pics, nice setup I don?t have quite enough space for that, I would have to use two walls, like in a corner but I think that will work. The issue is I am getting a good response for the PPF and I?m mobile so I think I?m going to be stuck back rolling the stuff. What I am thinking of doing is wrapping it around a 2? piece of PVC tube real tight ?like if you order a pattern? then I can use the PVC as leverage, plus with the use of end caps I will be able to stand the film up on its side while I am setting it without worrying about the ends getting contaminated because the rest of the film is still on the roll.

From your experience what do you think of the idea?

By the way, boy do I feel sheepish; I had just never heard the term peeler. :dunno Should have figured it out!

What I am thinking of doing is wrapping it around a 2? piece of PVC tube real tight ?like if you order a pattern? then I can use the PVC as leverage, plus with the use of end caps I will be able to stand the film up on its side while I am setting it without worrying about the ends getting contaminated because the rest of the film is still on the roll.

By the way, boy do I feel sheepish; I had just never heard the term peeler.  :please  Should have figured it out!

[*]364898

not sure about this comment, are you installing kits?

if so you dont back roll it for the bumper, or stretch like sugested, otherwise the lines wont match up.

if you clean the hood real good and unroll the kit, you can let it hang over the fenders and accross the hood to peal the paper from the kit. no peeler needed.

only try to stretch the film if you are using bulk roll. :please

Guest ShadyKat
What I am thinking of doing is wrapping it around a 2? piece of PVC tube real tight ?like if you order a pattern? then I can use the PVC as leverage, plus with the use of end caps I will be able to stand the film up on its side while I am setting it without worrying about the ends getting contaminated because the rest of the film is still on the roll.

By the way, boy do I feel sheepish; I had just never heard the term peeler.  :dunno  Should have figured it out!

[*]364898

not sure about this comment, are you installing kits?

if so you dont back roll it for the bumper, or stretch like sugested, otherwise the lines wont match up.

if you clean the hood real good and unroll the kit, you can let it hang over the fenders and accross the hood to peal the paper from the kit. no peeler needed.

only try to stretch the film if you are using bulk roll. :please

[*]365081

Thanks for the info, I have computer cut from Bekaert so I will be mostly using patterns. :please

Archived