Letter to the IRS

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West

Dear IRS,

Enclosed is my 2005 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes.

Please note the attached article from USA Today, wherein you will see the Pentagon is paying $171.50 for hammers and NASA has paid $600.00 for a toilet seat.

I am enclosing four toilet seats (value $2400) and six hammers (value $1029), bringing my total remitted to $3429.00.

Believe it or not, there is a reason the contractors charge so much. SUPPOSEDLY :thumb any part purchased by the gov't must meet certain gsa/milspec requirements. So in order to meet MilSpec, EACH AND EVERY screw in the box must have passed the required test. NOT just one, or a random sampling. I am quite sure, however, that that is not the case. It would take years to produce and test each one of the millions of screws the military uses each year, let alone anything else they use.

Oh, maybe I am 1 sick guy, but I wonder just what kind of testing toilet seats have to pass? :thumb

Maybe tintyoda can enlighten us? Seems I saw a tester on one of her other posts.

Guest vclimber

Yeah, I believe they throw down ridicluous amounts of cash for that stuff, but when it comes to Security Film jobs, GSA is the cheapest customer out there. Go figure... :lol6

Dear IRS,

Enclosed is my 2005 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes.

Please note the attached article from USA Today, wherein you will see the Pentagon is paying $171.50 for hammers and NASA has paid $600.00 for a toilet seat.

I am enclosing four toilet seats (value $2400) and six hammers (value $1029), bringing my total remitted to $3429.00.

Believe it or not, there is a reason the contractors charge so much. SUPPOSEDLY :DD any part purchased by the gov't must meet certain gsa/milspec requirements. So in order to meet MilSpec, EACH AND EVERY screw in the box must have passed the required test. NOT just one, or a random sampling. I am quite sure, however, that that is not the case. It would take years to produce and test each one of the millions of screws the military uses each year, let alone anything else they use.

Oh, maybe I am 1 sick guy, but I wonder just what kind of testing toilet seats have to pass? :?

Maybe tintyoda can enlighten us? Seems I saw a tester on one of her other posts.

[*]370138

we learned about this in my econ class, this is true. Every piece is tested 5 times over. NO mistakes are allowed at nasa.

Archived