Jetta 1/4 window replacement.

Guest klufkee

Guest klufkee

Hey,

I hosed this one for sure. Dude's car is a Jetta, not the newest kind but the ones right before them. I was cleaning up the install when I saw the BIGGEST freakin' scratch I've ever seen on the 1/4 glass in the rear door. (Pass side.) It's on the outside of the car and it's REALLY noticable. You can see it from 10 feet away easy. I told the guy I would fix it since I did the damage. (Not really sure how I did it but I know it wasn't there before because I would have seen it when doing the walk-around with him.) He's pretty cool about it because I was upfront with him and told him I would repair ASAP. I got a new 1/4 window from my buddy at our local salvage yard, (Gotta love a 10$ window!), but I've been messing with this door for almost an hour and I can't see how this thing can be taken out. VW's are built like tanks, (or cockroaches,) never supposed to be taken apart I guess. I wanna wrap this thing up today and get his ride back to him but I'm starting to freak out here. Has anyone ever removed one of these things? I know it's a long shot because I don't know anyone in the biz who would ever consider removing this glass as part of a normal job. If there's someone here who can help let me know what's up.

BTW, salvage guy said glass he gave me was from an '02. It looks just like the one thats in now so maybe that's the year of this Jetta.

Thanks

TG might be able to help..he removes 1/4 windows sometimes..hard to say if he removes those ones though...there's a few glass guys in here I'm sure that'll know :inot

Guest Al-tint

They come out quite easy if you are used to pulling glass. I have not done one in awhile, so I may have missed something.

Take off the door panel.

Roll down glass.

At the top of the quarter rubber there is a screw that comes out.

There is a bolt at the bottom.

The whole rubber and quarter come out together.

Remove and replace glass. * tint it first *

Guest klufkee
They come out quite easy if you are used to pulling glass. I have not done one in awhile, so I may have missed something.

Take off the door panel.

Roll down glass.

At the top of the quarter rubber there is a screw that comes out.

There is a bolt at the bottom.

The whole rubber and quarter come out together.

Remove and replace glass. * tint it first *

[*]396106

Al-tint, you helped save my rep today, I want to tell you thanks.

I was really thinking that metal bar was tacked in there. (Wouldn't surprise me too much on a VW)

I had it done before he knew I was sweatin' it.

Again, thanks for your tip.

Next time I need some help thrown my way I'll know which site to come back too!

Klufkee

Guest Al-tint

Klufkee

[*]396164

Why not hang around, make some friends and help others?

Guest tintgod

Klufkee

[*]396164

[*]396176

yeah..this is why a lot of us dont like to help some ppl out on here..becuz they ask a ?...and get it...and never come back...or just come back to ask another ?...and dont contribute to the site..

Guest klufkee

[*]396176

yeah..this is why a lot of us dont like to help some ppl out on here..becuz they ask a ?...and get it...and never come back...or just come back to ask another ?...and dont contribute to the site..

[*]396285

That would be pretty crappy TG, no one likes people who only seem to be your friend when THEY need help. (And disapear when you need someone to lend a hand.) I just found this forum a little bit ago and I already know it will become another addiction for me. (Don't tell my wife!) I look forward to being able to help someone out when they need it. Honestly there is no better feeling than knowing someone will have a better day because of what you did. Guess I'm just a sucker for good old fasioned values.

BTW, love the new white. I'll take an iPod over a goth anyday. :copcar

See you around!

Klufkee

Guest tintgod

[*]396176

[*]396285

That would be pretty crappy TG, no one likes people who only seem to be your friend when THEY need help. (And disapear when you need someone to lend a hand.) I just found this forum a little bit ago and I already know it will become another addiction for me. (Don't tell my wife!) I look forward to being able to help someone out when they need it. Honestly there is no better feeling than knowing someone will have a better day because of what you did. Guess I'm just a sucker for good old fasioned values.

BTW, love the new white. I'll take an iPod over a goth anyday. :ohcrap

See you around!

Klufkee

[*]398371

guess why that is why no one like me here.. :?

and by the way..I have no problem helping ppl out...you can ask anyone here...I have put in my share of helping out around here..so dont get you p@nties in a waaad.. :nope

Archived