Anybody a one man shop?

Guest Terrapin

Guest tintbitch

As for customers watching I say "no customers in workshop for insurance reasons". I have waiting room, or tell them it takes three hours, then they wont wait.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rama

One man shop for me too. I have someone that comes in and answers phones from 11 to 5, 4 days a week. The rest of the time, (and there is LOTS of it) I'm on my own. Everyone else said the crucial stuff, I use a headset, just make sure its good enough quality to cancel out some of the racket from a heat gun. The cheap ones will pick up too much of it, making it hard for others to hear. Don't want to have to shut off the gun evertime the phone rings.

Also for those of you who have multiple lines with roll over features, AND remote call forwarded lines, make sure you ask the phone company to add a second channel to the remote line. If you don't and a second call comes in on a remote call forwarded line, they will get a busy signal, even if you have call waiting, and or a second line. I couldn't figure out why people would tell me they got a busy signal, with 3 lines, rollover features on all, till I realized my main remote line was only able to handle one call, and would not give me a click like normal call waiting or roll over. Called the phone co. and figured it out. THIS IS ONLY NECESSARY ON REMOTE CALL FORWARDED LINES, not your standard second lines.

I take phone calls very seriously. I figure its my main source of customers, and when that phone rings, SOMEBODY who knows what they are talking about, had better answer it. We used to spend up to $400 and $500 a month on cell charges, back when they were super expensive, on forwarded calls when we were at job sites. My answering machine is only used after hours. Except for the odd time, that nothing works right!

Ever feel funny talking about tinting in the grocery store or walmart? I just love it when I am with the kids in a store and the cell phone won't quit, before everybody and his brother had their own phone, I used to get some funny looks with all kids in tow at a store, and me being on the phone half the time.

Archived