Anybody a one man shop?

Guest Terrapin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for car windows, I use a 1" pvc, I have several cut to various sizes.

It's kinda tricky the first few times, especially at the last few inches. Watch out for dry spots at the bottom, and use some two inch tape on the headliner, because you have to unroll the film a couple inches higher than its final position

:beach

Guest Terrapin

Thanks for the replies.

The cordless phone is a no brainer. Was wondering if the cordless headsets might be handy.

My biggest problem that I guess I'd have to get over is that I hate customers watching me. Ideally I'd like to have them hand me their keys and come back at the end of the day to pick the car up.

Servicing dealers was another concern. Not sure how to go about picking up and delivering when there's a shop full of jobs waiting to be done.

Just thinking about all this stuff at this point. Haven't made any plans.

I appreciate your input.

Guest Braud Spectrum

Yep. I happen to have some various lengths of 1" PVC laying around. I'm gonna give it a try. Not in front of a customer tho the first couple times. :mrgreen:

Thanks TintDude

Guest Terrapin

I learned to tint at a Ziebart store. Inside the shop was the tint booth. Kinda like a paint booth I guess. I'd drive the car in and close the doors. Customers would stand at the window looking in at me work. Freaked me out looking up to see a face watching. The boss' favourite joke was to tell the customers "And here we have what we believe to be the only known tinter in captivity."

Guest Terrapin

Hey TD, I've never actually read the reverse rolling article till now. I've always reverse rolled but I've never used the PVC pipe. Just rolled the tint up and went for it.

I'll have to give that a try. Does it just help with the unrolling?

helps me not to smash the film, the other car tinter I work with doesn't use the roller either and seems to work well for him, but he peels the whole liner, wets the film and replaces the liner before he back rolls, I just peel about a 3rd on each end to keep the liner stable, I guess it's just a matter of prefference :beach

Guest Terrapin

I actually don't even peel any back before I roll it, but I can see how that would help, especially at the end. I'm going to start doing that. Funny how some things just seem too obvious once you hear them! :beach

Archived