Whats your preference for splicing?

Guest Retro Tint

Splicing is my preference..overlapping is amature looking IMO and butt seaming is OK..but I dont feel it to be as accurate (factory frayed edges sometimes ) as compared to making your own edge :woowoo

fuggin :spit

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you lived downunder and needed to join a window, you have to overlap and leave it by 1/8th" otherwise in time your lovely butt join or overlap cut on the glass will leave a daylight gap in no time regardless of film brand.

Devil :lol6

this may be a silly question (but I don't know) ...does it get hotter in Austrailia in summer than it does in The southern US :lol6

this may be a silly question (but I don't know) ...does it get hotter in Austrailia in summer than it does in The southern US :lol6

Yes and for a lot longer period. Couple that to a severe drought that's being going on for 7 years and really close to the hole in the ozone layer in Antartica and basically a desert continent.

Film can't hold in there.

Devil

Guest VOLTRON

yes the windows must be over 72 if there is going to be any seeming. I think seeming looks like a55 and feel a little embarased after installing one. :lol6

I butt the edges on residential and overlap on commercial for the most part with a few exceptions here and there.

Guest tintman AZ
If you lived downunder and needed to join a window, you have to overlap and leave it by 1/8th" otherwise in time your lovely butt join or overlap cut on the glass will leave a daylight gap in no time regardless of film brand.

Devil :lol6 :

:lol6 Same in AZ ( back when we did seam once in a while.)

this may be a silly question (but I don't know) ...does it get hotter in Austrailia in summer than it does in The southern US :DD

Yes and for a lot longer period. Couple that to a severe drought that's being going on for 7 years and really close to the hole in the ozone layer in Antartica and basically a desert continent.

Film can't hold in there.

Devil

:DD Once again. We've been in a freakin drought about 7 yrs. also. If we only had a pipeline to bring all that flood water from the eastern US out to the West, we all would be happy.

Archived