Felt under your tint? Worry no more...

Guest blake27

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, this topic has come up before, using a blow torch in relation to tinting, and I'll say it again, IT'S FRICKIN' RETARDED!!! Learn how to use a heat gun you dumb asses!! I know, I know, " I'm good, I know what I'm doing.......derrrr"......You guys who use torches are hard-headed......

I mean, come on, seriously, the potential for a major f-up is is far too great to ignore........the way these guys are so flippent about it trips me out.....

Guest Tintin' Magician

It is a bit careless, and the risk is way too high for my taste, but I'll agree that it does work. Probably not the best system to work though. I have seen installers who used the small torches though and they did great work with them. I personally could never do it, though!

Guest a1wintinter
It is a bit careless, and the risk is way too high for my taste, but I'll agree that it does work. Probably not the best system to work though. I have seen installers who used the small torches though and they did great work with them. I personally could never do it, though!

TM thats what Im talking about is a little small hand-held torch around 4-5 inches not a big propane thing, very small butane torch :nono

learn how to apply the film the correct way and you wont have any felt issues. its all about how you take it to the glass and your preinstall cleaning and rinse ritual. im not trying to sound rude or trying to put anyone's method down but all this tape, torch, hairspray etc. is driving me nuts.

I use hair spray on felts where the masking tape wont stick ...let it set for a few then tape it and the tape sticks ah ha tip of the week here for tuff felt where tape wont stick :gay :skit

learn how to apply the film the correct way and you wont have any felt issues. its all about how you take it to the glass and your preinstall cleaning and rinse ritual. im not trying to sound rude or trying to put anyone's method down but all this tape, torch, hairspray etc. is driving me nuts.

I agree! I never use tape on side windows! I just flush the sides and the bottom , peel and install! But I pull panels and pull seals out and drop the whole thing in at once! Guys who top load and don't remove panels , it's a good idea to tape the seals for cleaner work! Each tinters prep work depends on his or hers style of application! I've seen each style mastered by different tinters and it all depends on how you install! :beer

One would have thought after two and a half years you might have gotten over this thread by now :beer

Archived