POPPED a backglass

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shady

Done that too, on a peugoet 306. I gave the dot matrix a good heating cause they're s**t for the film sticking on em as they are so raised. It went with a bang alright, just like you said :hmmm

Say it ain't so....wow! Big dollars for that Frenchie.

Devil

My old man runs a windcreen company so I got it cheaper than retail. installed it and tinted it before the customer came back. still managing to make a profit. and learnt a lesson too :dunno

Done that too, on a peugoet 306. I gave the dot matrix a good heating cause they're s**t for the film sticking on em as they are so raised. It went with a bang alright, just like you said :thumbdown

Say it ain't so....wow! Big dollars for that Frenchie.

Devil

My old man runs a windcreen company so I got it cheaper than retail. installed it and tinted it before the customer came back. still managing to make a profit. and learnt a lesson too :lol

Luckily I haven't done it yet but I'm sure I will :lol Back a few years I was redoing one of my TA's (picture included) and when I was removing the trim around the windshield it cracked. Here there was a nick in the glass plus the glass was incorrectly installed so there was alread undue stress on it. So, if you had a simular thing with a heat gun too, yeah, they'll blow. It has to do with the glass expanding too fast in a small area. Don't believe me, take a marble from a paint can or whatever and put it in a vise and crank it down as much as you can :lol2

Concrete is the same way. Don't torch or weld right on concrete or it'll also explode.

BTW, the TA below. That was my first tint job using off the shelf tint. I just saw the car the other day(sold it to a friend) and the tint still looks real good even after 10 years!!!

transam.jpg

in all the years that I have been doing tinting haven't had a prblem with that happening on an autos glass, But I have had it happen while doing a commerical widinow job. There was a small nick at the edge of the glass under the molding that we couldn't see till atfer it had cracked (a halfmoon shape). Had the local glass shop that referres business to us fix it in no time. Customer was happy with finnished job.

Guest tintjob@yahoo
breaker breaker, Bandit,you got your ears on? Come back.

:nono Berton Leon Reynold Jr.... Good dig homey!!

As far as the back glass goes.... my firts thought was too much heat from the gun but only if it happened within a short time frame of you heating it..... :nono

Guest tinterjim

Back when I had employees one of my installers had a volvo "pop" on him. We had it fixed told the customer who then told us the he knew of a small crack in the corner :nono He was cool, we were cool and nothing was lost exept a little profit on the day. But that sound is unmistakable in the shop, I think the radio even stopped playing for a second and said "oh damn"........... :nono

Archived