Whats The Worst thing you ever did to your self

Guest scottstinting

Guest tintdeck

moving a pian of glass I used for cutting paterns in my garage picked it up it the steel truss split the glass in half came striaght down wrist throuh the tendum try not to do that agian

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tinterjim

After 17 almost 18 years in the business and all the razor blade cuts I've ever had will never add up to the "paper" cuts I get from the tint itself. Damn they hurt like hell and bleed like a virgin after prom night.

I hate this type of thread as they make me nausious.

anyway worst thing I've ever done to myself was one time rooting around a drawer for a tool, my boss had left an uncovered 6" scraper, which I found with the palm of my hand. my day ended there.

another thing I've done, while cutting a back glass I'll often stand on the rear wheel to reach across the top. well one time while stepping down I planted my foot on my heatgun, rolled my ankle sideways, then hit the floor. I then proceeded to finsh the car on one foot with an icebag tied to my ankle

Cuts happen all the time when your in the field of window tinting. The worst one for me. I was pulling film

from the box and had just a plain olfa blade stuck in the edge of the box. Just got off the cell phone with

the boss, about getting to another job after the one I was on. Somewhat stressed from the call I was

paying attention and reached down to pull another piece of film and bumped into the blade. Likely I

didn't get blood all over the customers carpet. Pretty good gash, took 8 stitches on the index finger.

Blamed it on the boss. Son of a b@#! - lol Crazy thing about this story is after the lady was nice

and cleaned my finger good with some medications she had. (former nurse) just taped it up and kept

working. (like most of us do) Bleeding took awhile to stop, finally did but the more I kept using my hand

the bleeding would start again. Got to the next job then the co workers talked me into going to the

hospital. So I left them there at the house we were tinting and drove to the closest hospital. Waited

forever in the waiting room. Typical right. Tick tock , tick tock. While sitting in the waiting room I see

this guy getting wheelchaired in by his girlfriend. She rolls him up to the counter and sets down a cup of

blood. I hear her say , " This is about the fourth glass of blood that he's thrown up, he just had his

tonsils taken out ". Scary stuff eh... I was getting ready to leave the waiting room anyway after waiting for

a lllong time. But that was the icing on the cake after I saw that scene. Signed a release form and off I

went. Screwww dat bull@#t. - lol Now to make this even a longer story. I get home, go to MY hospital wait

and wait like usual. Doctor looks at my finger and asks when it happened . I told him, then he says he can't

stich it until I go on anti biotics for 2 days. So I had to return after 2 days to get stitched up. Of course the

cut was closed by then but all it would have taken was to straighten my finger out quickly and it would have

opened right back up again. Live n learn (sorry for the longwinded post)

-SF

Guest a1wintinter

before I started tinting years ago I was an audio installer and somehow a snapped-off olfa blade got stuck in side of my shoe sole and as I was getting out of a car the blade sliced into my thigh and I had to get ten stitches (whale hooks) they hurt like hell going in and removing them

Guest S and S

Damn! Ya'll are tinters with injury stories!! The worst I ever did was I slipped on a liner and laded on my knee and busted it up pretty bad on the asphalt! bad thing was I did it again about 4 hours later!!!

I was changing trailing arms in my old Monte SS and the ratchet slipped.....

It hit me between the eyes....four stitches for that one.

I got back from Medac and did it again....Two more stitches... Yeeowwchhh!!!!

Good thang I'm hard headed!!!

Recently, I put the steamer end down in the floorboard to reach for another tool.......

I layed it on the back of my leg!!!! Still have the scar.!

Guest tinterjim

I thought this thread was tint related injuries( tunnel vision I guess)... :popcorn But if we are talking other things, I would say the worst is when I decided to race my nissan against a mustang on a public street. I was going about 130 with no seat belt on, looked back to see where the mustang was and hit a parked car. I ate the windshield. My skull was cracked, broke my nose, all my ribs on the left side and dislocated my knee. When I came to I was handcuffed to a gurney in the hospital. That was the worst part...... :fdup

Guest Marco

The worst I had was playing tennis. Full swing with the racquet straight to the eyebrow...while my cousin was driving me to the hospital and he hit an old lady, she was ok...I got six stitches and a scar. In high school I played football, landed the wrong way and snapped my wrist, it's never been the same. I still have problems with my wrist and tinting doesn't help, I hope carpel tunnel is a word my doctor will never say.

Last but not least...I got neutered about two weeks ago..It was torture the first week, not so bad the second...but damn did the doctor lie about how bad it was going to be.

Nothing compared to some of you...stay safe people

Guest FIREMAN68

Well I made this fire that was small when we got there but when we went inside everthing was on fire. the fire was lacking oxygen so when we open the front door BOOM everything went up in flames. This is one of the hottest fires ive been it cuz everything around us was on fire so I got some good blisters from this fire but everybody was ok. NOW when im tinting I get the same o cuts on my hands and slip and fall down on my ass from the dripping water from the door as everybody else but its ok its all worth it. I love my jobs :popcorn

Here's that fire I was talking about-

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n50/jes...8/3-11-W111.jpg

Archived