Dont wanna pull panels any more!!!

Guest JMass

Everyone has their own ways-But I havent pulled a panel in 19.5 years! Technique will will allow you to do a clean job and leave them on! Before you roll it up -Lift the film and slightly pull from the middle.This will untuck the side where it normally creases.Flush or squeegee then feed film behind the gasket. :bingo Good luck!

iv never pulled panels either, unless someone else took them off.

keep at it . :lol ENTER the battle zone :lol youll get it. :lol2

:lol

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Texasrocker

TZ said it all !! Whats up with pulling panels? If your experienced, just tuck the film behind "everything", and it can be done "spotless"!! Just takes experience, taping off the fuzzy-felt side gaskets with masking tape(depending on vehicle), and knowing how to cut the film just long enough on the bottom, to "bump it", then pull the inside door rubber gasket back with a red-devil, slide it under, hard card it, then apply enough heat from the outside to stick film. No problemos in over 15 yrs here! No "hoopla necessary, and no screwdrivers next to my tint ever, thank you!"", TR

Guest tintgod

id like to see some of you guys get a job done with no crinkles in the film were the inside molding comes in about a inch or two past the edge of the glass..lets say like a ford torass with out taking the panel off and having the film tucked in the side seals with no gaps

Guest Texasrocker

No prob!! My shop addy is 8365 N US Hwy 87,San Angelo,Tx, (2 bayer) with plenty AC!! Come on down to Texas, I'll show ya how easy it can be, and we wont "blow" a single rollup! Not braggin at all, but also "no creases, no dirt, no hoopla"! TR

id like to see some of you guys get a job done with no crinkles in the film were the inside molding comes in about a inch or two past the edge of the glass..lets say like a ford torass with out taking the panel off and having the film tucked in the side seals with no gaps

I agree TG, im not saying it cant be done but to me its easier and quicker to just pull the pannel and not fight it! JMO :spit

Guest Texasrocker

No dis-respect intended at all! The only "fight" your having, is removing panels to save-time,that sometimes is not only not-necessary (on rollups), it costs "more time" doing it in the 1st place, than learning how to properly work around those situations w/ "no creases, no dirt, no hoopla". It CAN be done, trust me here!! Just my opinion, and not necessary here at my shop at all. TR

on the majority of cars it doesn't take much more than 5 minutes to remove 4 door panels and the same to re-install them. If it allows you to do a much cleaner job, spend the extra 10 minutes.

Absolutely right mate. :spit

For the extra time spent trying to eliminate wet fingers, felt specks, creases etc., stay with what you're comfortable with.

No contest!

Devil

While we're talking about it, anyone want to give me the run down on how to remove the panels on an 03 Ram?

easy, hahaa, and it will come out super clean.

I will try and remember off the top of my head. There is a screw up by the mirror, and a couple down along the bottom, I think you need to remove th handle too, then the panel just slides up.

Archived