REMOVING TINT WITH OVEN CLEANER

Guest RCOOTE

Guest RCOOTE

I've been reading a lot on this forum and seen a lot of posts about removing tint. I know a place that uses OVEN CLEANER on a rag to remove the tint. Any one else do this??

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest onepiecemastr

Never heard of it but I don't think I would use it. If the jiffy steamer won't remove the film and adhesive then I use ammonia on the back glass and a scrub pad and alot of elbow grease. roll downs I just use soap and water and scrape it with the razor. I tried the trash bag thing last week on a back glass and it didn't work for me.

Guest dan-mark
Never heard of it but I don't think I would use it. If the jiffy steamer won't remove the film and adhesive then I use ammonia on the back glass and a scrub pad and alot of elbow grease. roll downs I just use soap and water and scrape it with the razor. I tried the trash bag thing last week on a back glass and it didn't work for me.

if u use the heat gun to and pull it off evenly doesnt that remove most of the glue anyway???

Guest RCOOTE

I don't plan on using it but a friends shop uses that method and said they haven't found anything else as fast as that.

They've been doing that for over 10 years.

They do auto glass, trim and tint.

Guest tintman AZ

sweat it off. Then spray rubbing alcohol on it, and scrub. Pretty much dissapears without having little bits of adhesive all over.

sweat it off. Then spray rubbing alcohol on it, and scrub. Pretty much dissapears without having little bits of adhesive all over.

And hardly any elbow grease required.

Archived