GROUP DESIGN CUTTING TABLE

Guest RCOOTE

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you were not referring to me and disrespecting anyone. I am all for the design I think it is good. Maybe beyond my actual skill level as I have never welded before. I was not trying to say anything bad hopefully noone else was. Mostly I was trying to get more insight on it. I am going to build this one or one very similiar to it as soon as I can. I really appreciate the effort that went into this project.

I just made a quick little "V" on the grinder after I cut each intersecting tube and about a 1/8-3/16" bead was plenty to fill the gaps. To be honest. I'm not an experienced welder, and this was a rather simple job for me. I don't see why people are makinging such a ruckus about it. If you don't want to to it, don't do it. I built my last one out of wood, and without the glass it was probably 100-150lbs. This one is probably 30lbs, is more useful and seems to be just as sturdy. The materials were about the same cost on both, but 1/2 the wood one was built out of scrap wood I had, and I think was still about $20 more. Materials should cost around $100. If you don't like it, it's easy, don't bother trying to build it, if you have a better idea, good for you. I don't see where the disrespect comes from when the guy is just trying to share some ideas with other people in a industry he is involved in.

Thank you.. Good points :beer:beer:lol:lol:DD:DD:DD:DD

I started mine yesterday. I did not make the "V" slots. On a table I clamped up the tubes and TIG Weld the joints. USING 1" Conduit. So far, it going pretty damn good. I'll post pics once its done. I can only work on it a few hours a day so It may take me a week to finish.

Guest RCOOTE

Thought I'd take some photos of where I'm at.

Not finished yet. Wish I had more time. Need to get the shelves and glass in place. It took me 15, ten foot lengths of 1" conduit. I ground off the galvanized and welded it. COST of the CONDUIT TOTAL WITH TAX IN CDN FUNDS IS $189.00

Here's what I have so far. I'll post more photos later.

100_5290.jpg

100_5291.jpg

100_5292.jpg

Guest RCOOTE
Thought I'd take some photos of where I'm at.

Not finished yet. Wish I had more time. Need to get the shelves and glass in place. It took me 15, ten foot lengths of 1" conduit. I ground off the galvanized and welded it. COST of the CONDUIT TOTAL WITH TAX IN CDN FUNDS IS $189.00 THe wheels cost $3.50 each two have locking arms.

Here's what I have so far. I'll post more photos later.

100_5290.jpg

100_5291.jpg

100_5292.jpg

It rolls nice around the car. I can't wait to use it.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

looks way too over engineered. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, and I give you kudos Rcoote, but, dammity boy! Simplicity is Genius. And from my experience, alot of shops and tint bays are not large enough to have that around.

I think it looks awesome and if you have the space use it.

1peec

what would you recomend for simplicity and a roll around? Once together this one appears simple or do you mean smaller more manueverable. I just wasnt sure. Do you have something like it that you use?

Archived