GROUP DESIGN CUTTING TABLE

Guest RCOOTE

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine people would tape rullers on the inside of the glass to measure out tint lenghts for certian applications. Also, you mentioned 36" rolls? Not 40" ? I've always bought my tint in 40" rolls. You have a pic with the "solution catching tray" in place? Is the tray on an angle to drip water off one side? or like and upside down V to run off both sides?

Do you think you could make it out of PVC tubing and that strong cement glue that sprinkler ppl use would be ok? I'm no welder nor have access to one and just trying to think of other ways to build it myself and be cheap about it.

I guess where there are angled bars you could cut holes in the PVC and have the angled bars set inside the PVC and then you would strengthen those areas with something cause I'd assume because you cut holes in those areas they would be weak points?

I think the heavy glass and the moving around would break glued areas.

The catch is a straight U-shape channel. So the water runs off each side as there is nothing to trap it.

It wouldn't take much to make the glass 4 foot for the wider rolls. Just increase all the lengths of the tubes to adjust accordingly.

You can take the prints to a fab shop to weld up the frame. Then cut your own wood, add your own glass and tape measure to the inside face of the glass.... :beer

They may charge you a $100 or so for the labor if you buy all the materials... Its very straight foward with the prints. All the dimensions are there and a materials list. So you could buy the tubes, cut them to length label them all with masking tape with the Part number on the drawing then the welder just has to fit the puzzle pieces together and weld. THen you can finish it up at home...

Hope this helps with your no welder situation..

Let me know

I was talking with a guy at work today about welding and he has some experience....So maybe there will be an experiment with his welding skills.......if it works out I coule probably exchange tinting his truck for him welding for me................

I was talking with a guy at work today about welding and he has some experience....So maybe there will be an experiment with his welding skills.......if it works out I coule probably exchange tinting his truck for him welding for me................

Now theres an idea. I always love bartering :lol6

confirmed airdates for War of the Wheels on Global Television. The dates are:

Saturdays at 11am on these dates:

On Saturdays October 14 to December 2 (8 weeks)

Pre-empted on Dec 9

December 16 x 1

Pre-empted on Dec 23

December 30 x 1

Pre-empted on January 6

January 13 x 2 weeks

For those who don't know I'm a judge on A new TV show called WAR OF THE WHEELS on Global TV in CANADA. Above are the dates. Not sure what station they will be on in the USA and EUROPE but when I find out I will post it.

And as for the table, I ordered aluminum today, going to TIG weld it together. I'll take pics when I'm done. Thought Aluminum would be better with the water and all. I Don't like rust...

The metal tubing for this is a little expensive around here. The total cost of this is going to be too high to get it done soon. I am going to have to figure out sumtin a little less expensive.

ELECTRICAL CONDUIT.. HOME DEPT, around here a 10' length is $7.cdn The thing is, it's galvanized steel, all you have to do it grind off the galvanized coating where ever you need to weld. Then you can re-paint with a galvanized paint. OR , just paint the whole frame with tremclad :blah

Archived