Slashes on interior by rear window from tinting

Guest Stephanie

OT yer comments to the consumer world give this site a real good reputation. What the he|| good is having a consumer section if everytime someone comes on here you just make them feel like an idiot cause you know more about the biz then the consumer does. Do you treat yer customers like this and if so how do you stay in business.

This site is not for the consumer, it is for the tinter! The trouble with this site anymore, is way to many people are wlling to just say yes go have them redo it. Or just say to a consumer that yes the shop did that. With the most minute amount of info possible.

[

There's definately a better than average chance the Stephanie is right on the ball with this one.

She ain't going to make up some cock and bull story about new knife cuts that weren't there a few days ago and take the trouble and effort of seeking information off the net.

Just had it tinted, one of each side, c'mon now, around the rear window and film just happened to have been fitted. But then again it could have been the MacDonalds driveway attendant passing through the burger order. :ohcrap

Devil

How in the world can you possible say that with out a pic or anything. How many times in your carrer have you been blamed for something. That you know with out a doubt is impossible for you to have done!

This could be the tinter did do it, or it could be the old didnt notice it until it was tinted!!!

Just monday I had a guy come back because his door panel was loose. He never noticed it before, but now that the car is tinted he notices it. Well I did not remove the panel so it could not have been me, but I am sure. That had he come on here and said, my door panel is loose after tint job. Many of you would have just said to him I munst have not put it back on correctly. Then where would I be paying for something that was broke when it came to me.

Rather then flame ot for his comment you people need to remember what, and who this site is realy about.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't take a sides on this one..none of us were there. I believe that the last time she cleaned the back window there was no damage and the next time she cleaned the back window there WAS damage and the window tinter was back there in between her 2 observation times,therefore concludes the tinter did it.

The tinter could have done it, could have been the oversize large object she set in her back seat that she forgot about and ripped it or a kid in the back playing with an object that she didn' t know about .

What I CAN offer is advice for tinters from this point on..it's WELL worth the 2 minutes it takes to do a quick exterior and interior inspection with the customer ..I can't tell you how many times I've avoided unnecessary blame on myself for pointing out damage that the customer had no idea about until I pointed it out. After the job is done have them inspect it, give you the thumbs up, go home and have a good rest of the day with a clear conscience...if you cause damage, then your going to get caught for it as you should and then come clean with it, pay for it and move onwards and upwards , chalking it up as a learning experience :beer

Guest Stephanie
Why is this site like the jury? Take your problems up with the shop that did the work. You can't solve issues over the internet, no frikkin way. :beer Sounds harsh, but it's reality. You want us all to say...yeah, the shop screwed up your car, tell them some folks on the internet said so. Ridiculous.

That's not what I'm trying to do. Obviously I already told the tinter who did and obviously he said he didn't. So my question was has anyone heard of this happening not to tell me wether or not the shop did it and how it would be possilbe for this to happen. All I know is it wans't there before I took my car to him.

Stephanie,

Its probably accidental and the tinter himself does not know he's done it - if he has.

From your description I would describe them as score lines. We use a small rubber bladed squeege housed in metal bracket - window cleaners commonly use them to squeege off the suds from a window. Many years ago I scored the plastic interior surround on a rear screen while squeeging off the soap suds during prepartion. You don't realise you've done it as the rubber blade slips between glass and interior plastic moulding - this allows the metal bracket to come into contact with plastic and score it.

They were not terribly deep and I was able to use thinners and heat to rub them out. I don't know if this is of any help to you - but as I say the tinter may not be aware its this or it may not be down to him anyway.

:hmmm

Guest Key West

OT yer comments to the consumer world give this site a real good reputation. What the he|| good is having a consumer section if everytime someone comes on here you just make them feel like an idiot cause you know more about the biz then the consumer does. Do you treat yer customers like this and if so how do you stay in business.

This site is not for the consumer, it is for the tinter! The trouble with this site anymore, is way to many people are wlling to just say yes go have them redo it. Or just say to a consumer that yes the shop did that. With the most minute amount of info possible.

[

There's definately a better than average chance the Stephanie is right on the ball with this one.

She ain't going to make up some cock and bull story about new knife cuts that weren't there a few days ago and take the trouble and effort of seeking information off the net.

Just had it tinted, one of each side, c'mon now, around the rear window and film just happened to have been fitted. But then again it could have been the MacDonalds driveway attendant passing through the burger order. :lol

Devil

How in the world can you possible say that with out a pic or anything. How many times in your carrer have you been blamed for something. That you know with out a doubt is impossible for you to have done!

This could be the tinter did do it, or it could be the old didnt notice it until it was tinted!!!

Just monday I had a guy come back because his door panel was loose. He never noticed it before, but now that the car is tinted he notices it. Well I did not remove the panel so it could not have been me, but I am sure. That had he come on here and said, my door panel is loose after tint job. Many of you would have just said to him I munst have not put it back on correctly. Then where would I be paying for something that was broke when it came to me.

Rather then flame ot for his comment you people need to remember what, and who this site is realy about.

Well said Pierce!!! :hmmm

Give me a break . Like anyone in here can give an educated opinion about THIS situation as it stands. You can't, it's ridiculous, just like I said. Sugar coat it all you want, you have no fkn idea what happened...and without even knowing the very real possibility most of these complaints are quite possibly from price shopping fools who go to the lowest priced place, and sorry, they get EXACTLY what they deserve. No sympathy from me for that at all. Might not be the case here, but nobody would admit that anyway, so there ya go. My customers like me just fine, you should open your own biz before giving customer service advice. Deal with a few thousand...it's an eye opener. :beer

Oh...and Pierce... :beer:beer

Archived