Slashes on interior by rear window from tinting

Guest Stephanie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1PEECBARETTA

wait a minute. how old is this car , and what kind of shape is it in? I've done some cars that were 10yrs. old or so and the plastic pieces on the sides of the rear glass were deteriorated from sun exposure . Made them really brittle. If you touched them just right they would disenagrate.

Guest Stephanie
I have tinted lots of camrys and I have never seen anything like that before.

May I ask you a question? To apply the rear tint what type of tool do they use to get the tint so close to the top of the rear window, I know for the rest of the windows (2 front sides and 2 back sides) they use a squegy(not spelled right). And just to let everyone know I did not go the cheap route, I had 3m fx-hp installed and it was 189.00, and on the back passenger window there is trash in the tint but that is least of my worries, so I'm not trying to get something for free just trying to get some answers. Thank you all

Guest Stephanie

Like I was telling oldtinter, which is very much your typical a hole

:evileye

:lol

This must be because I try not to pass judgement without both sides of the story. If the tinter screwed up and he's not owning up, yeah, he's a dickhead...if the lady went to the cheapest place in town, yeah, she got what she deserved, but what if he didn't do it? It's just possible some things aren't a tinters fault. :lol

I'm not the knid of person that has so much time on my hands to just try to screw someone for something they didn't do. let just tell how they spoke to me over the phone when I told them there is a problem, they called my a "B" and told me they wouldn't fix anything for me. I have already placed BBB complaint I just wanted some facts on how this would happen, that is why I posted my forum not to have people feel sorry for me but to get some ideas.

wait a minute. how old is this car , and what kind of shape is it in? I've done some cars that were 10yrs. old or so and the plastic pieces on the sides of the rear glass were deteriorated from sun exposure . Made them really brittle. If you touched them just right they would disenagrate.

2004 Toyota Camry

It's a 2 yr old Camery

If you look at this blown up picture you can see where the tint runs out on the window denoted by the green line :evileye

There is plenty of room on the backwindow and there should be NO problems for somebody that knows what they are doing :lol

No reason to take anything apart because the is plenty of access and I personally have never had a squeege cause damage to a sailpanel like that before :lol it just doesnt happen unless the fabric is really old and dryrotted THEN if you get it wet and run squeege against it it can tear the fabric. a 04 is way to old for that to happen though.

To me it looks like tht adhesive that holds the fabric down came loose :lol

tintpapas2.jpg

Well I wouldnt have called ya a bizznitch on the phone.

I woulda fixed the prob and asked you out for a date.

You got a man there Steph ?

Come be my friend on MYSPACE

:evileye dont be invading my leghumping space

and 1peece read the phuckin thread all your questions were already answered :lol

Archived