Gas Prices

Guest willie

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny - here in NJ the toll roads - the turnpike and the atlantic city expressway - maybe others - are run by the state, and the gas stations are only allowed to change their prices on Friday.

So at least for the past few weeks they have been like $0.50 or more different then local stations... I'll be on it tomorrow so I'll see how they compare. Sucks when the prices are falling, but if there is a spike on like Monday or Tuesday... they are the cheapest cause they can not change their prices.

RoAcH

Guest CajunTinter
It's funny - here in NJ the toll roads - the turnpike and the atlantic city expressway - maybe others - are run by the state, and the gas stations are only allowed to change their prices on Friday.

So at least for the past few weeks they have been like $0.50 or more different then local stations... I'll be on it tomorrow so I'll see how they compare. Sucks when the prices are falling, but if there is a spike on like Monday or Tuesday... they are the cheapest cause they can not change their prices.

RoAcH

That sux roach.... and it won't changee anytime soon.... IMHO--------jon corzine is an :ahole :ahole

Yeah, I don't know why the stations can't change their prices except once a week.

Went down the A/C x-pressway and the cheapest was $2.47. I filled up at a local station before I left for $2.05 a gallon. So that will be the price for this week.... next week they will probably lower it some.

My guess is they try to pick a price that isn't the lowest but not the highest. That way if there is a huge price shift during the week, they wouldn't feel it as much. There is this station down right outside of A/C and their prices are always very high.. I think it was like $2.55 or something today. I guess since there aren't that many stations on the strip they figure they can charge more. I pretty much always make sure I have enough gas to get in and out of the shore area when I go down...

Archived