Dodge Avenger

Guest Retro Tint

Guest Retro Tint
Retro, I was having fits doing the dodge and chrysler back windows when using the Sungard Slate film. I switched a few months ago to Llumar ATR and I am getting them easy now. The top edges are a bit of a bear, but I have done 5 or 6 at least now and it has worked well enough.

Are you "pulling" the top of the film when you are shrinking? Are you using 1 or 2 heat guns? Both will help shrink a film better.

Not pulling and one gun.

Zolar , you are on it but have'nt had time to figure the pic thing out. Discription:

regardless of make, most problem windows have either (what I call an insy or an outy) Insy would be an old T-Bird. Bottom has that inside curve that you must stretch. Outy has that outside curve like a baseball. On this vehicle all four corners have the baseball. Obviously, there must not be very many of these on the road.

With that said, what is solution for those outside compound curves? I would like to think that switching film is a cop out. :beer:beer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

leaving the film long on the top and you "pull" the top of the film up and keep it off the glass. This also keeps the film from laying down on the glass. On the bottom of these windows I use 2 heat guns but I do this a bit different than I have heard or seen before. I blow heat under the film with one gun and hit the outside with the other. This allows the film to shrink more even and I have had some fantastic results by doing this.

Also by pulling the tops you can stretch most films a bit while you heat it up. If these don't do it then it may be a different film would work....head tech from Llumar asked me if I had considered vinyl on the dots as that would take out the worst of the top on these Dodge backs.

Anyway....

People that use two heatguns usually tape them together.

I have never had a problem with getting the avenger in one piece. The top corners are where the film needs some work. The best way is to leave the film long on the top and pull while your heating it.

As far as the avenger being like the new status 2 door or a bug it's not even close. The avenger is alot easier to heat shrink. :beer

it was said this is a 2001 which isn't an avenger it is a stratus......

I understand that the "normal" 2 heat gun use is together in one, but I had a thought a year ago and tried this with one under and one on top.....makes the film melt like butter! It holds the film off of the window and also makes the heat transfer through the film better.... I have not seen anyone else do it but it works so well....try it you might like it.

yes the post says Dodge Avenger, but it was asked what year and it was a 2001....that makes it a Stratus as they changed the name for the 2001 model year!

It was an 01'. Stupidly enough, I don't know how to show pics. :beer

read into things mang :lol:drevil

Guest Retro Tint

yes the post says Dodge Avenger, but it was asked what year and it was a 2001....that makes it a Stratus as they changed the name for the 2001 model year!

It was an 01'. Stupidly enough, I don't know how to show pics. :lol

read into things mang :spit:lol

This has been beat to death, but it is an 01' Avenger. They suck for me . I guess I better get better! thanks for the pulling tip, will try it next time I have a bad outside curve. Next? :spit

Archived