Dodge Avenger

Guest Retro Tint

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stated the only problem I have had......never had anyone talk about a problem with keyless and I have never had it effect my 8 or so vehicles that I have had....even had full metal film on all the windows of my 88 S10 blazer including the windshield and I had no door handles....just a keyless to pop them open....worked great. I had a bit of an issue with my garage door opener because of the w/s tint....

I personally have not had to do many higher end cars with gps, but I have done a few....are the antennas inside the vehicle? if so then they should have problems with just the metal of the vehicle.

So...that is my take on it....

Guest Retro Tint

Lorenzo, You need to be able to shrink a hybrid! Not the films fault, its very easy to work with. lildetails, this is not an easy rear, regardless of film type. Just hopin some one would have advice on how to get around those nasty compound curves.

Retro, I was having fits doing the dodge and chrysler back windows when using the Sungard Slate film. I switched a few months ago to Llumar ATR and I am getting them easy now. The top edges are a bit of a bear, but I have done 5 or 6 at least now and it has worked well enough.

Are you "pulling" the top of the film when you are shrinking? Are you using 1 or 2 heat guns? Both will help shrink a film better.

Lorenzo, You need to be able to shrink a hybrid! Not the films fault, its very easy to work with. lildetails, this is not an easy rear, regardless of film type. Just hopin some one would have advice on how to get around those nasty compound curves.

ATR LuLu has evolved into a more workable film, from what I was told by the rep this product has less metal content than many years ago.ATR has been around for long long ....time. The last couple of years metalized films have been getting slammed in the high end auto forums for obvious reasons, so the buzz is color stable or ceramic films.

I just two pc those buggers. Since the dot matrix is so spread out I wet sand it. After it's dried a bit, press the seam with a 'Lil Chizler' and hit it with a black grease pen. Oh and I totally must use non metallic films as about 80% of my biz is high end lines like MBZ, BMW and Lexus.

Mo

I just two pc those buggers. Since the dot matrix is so spread out I wet sand it. After it's dried a bit, press the seam with a 'Lil Chizler' and hit it with a black grease pen. Oh and I totally must use non metallic films as about 80% of my biz is high end lines like MBZ, BMW and Lexus.

Mo

this thread really needs pictures :trustme

:jerkit

Zo

Guest Tom Cat

Mo

Maybe I'm just VERY lucky, but I worked on mostly high end cars (BMW, Benz, Infiniti, Cadillac) for the last two years usually putting Suntek HP films on. I only had a problem once from a dealership owner who couldn't live without his AM radio. I never had any problems with GPS, satellite etc. :beer:)

Mo

Maybe I'm just VERY lucky, but I worked on mostly high end cars (BMW, Benz, Infiniti, Cadillac) for the last two years usually putting Suntek HP films on. I only had a problem once from a dealership owner who couldn't live without his AM radio. I never had any problems with GPS, satellite etc. :beer:tantrum

:)

Archived