Back From The SEMA SHOW...

Guest deeptint3

Guest deeptint3

Hello All,

Just got back fom the sema show. It once again was a good time with lots of cool stuff for us tinters. The guy who won the tint-off won with a 2 piece back window on a V.W. Beetle. Can you believe it? It looked good, but 2 pieces? One guy had a super clean one piece and took 2nd. Go figure.. :lol6

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deeptint3
what's wrong with a 2 piece? it clearly was better judged than the one piece!

Nothing really.. Its just that in a contest like that, shouldn't the 1 piece be superior if its just as clean?The1 piece was seen by many observers as the better window.Very clean.. The judges must have been old school installers like us..and still appreciate a good 2 piece window.

Hello All,

Just got back fom the sema show. It once again was a good time with lots of cool stuff for us tinters. The guy who won the tint-off won with a 2 piece back window on a V.W. Beetle. Can you believe it? It looked good, but 2 pieces? One guy had a super clean one piece and took 2nd. Go figure.. :D

cool -glad you had fun

who was the winner and is he/she a member here.

I'm sure I there a member we'll hear about it :bat Just hopefully not ever other post :D

Guest walestint
Hello All,

Just got back fom the sema show. It once again was a good time with lots of cool stuff for us tinters. The guy who won the tint-off won with a 2 piece back window on a V.W. Beetle. Can you believe it? It looked good, but 2 pieces? One guy had a super clean one piece and took 2nd. Go figure.. :bat

What do you win? A gold plated heatgun?

Does everyone high five the winner?

:D

I with you on this.....must have been some shnaagin's(SP)

What makes you say that a one piece is better than a two piece, and they both look the same to the customer? :bat Do you think that a one piece takes more skill to install than a two piece? :D

I'm a 1 piecer now for the most part..however anyone that thinks that your a more skillful tinter than the 2 piecer is sadly mistaken..a serious part of the art form having your body all contorted up in a back glass going against time of fast drying adhesive reaching in an awkward position to ride a defrost line with your knife all the way without crossing the wire giving it the illusion of 1 peice.

Archived