Back From The SEMA SHOW...

Guest deeptint3

Nothing really.. Its just that in a contest like that, shouldn't the 1 piece be superior if its just as clean?

Just wait till you see what the sun does to a one piecer downunder within a couple of years.

You'll see plenty of distortion marks miraculously appear from nowhere, you can count the number of them, the size of them and the exact location too. :bat

Multiple invisible splicing leads to none of that phenonenom.

Devil

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a 1 piecer now for the most part..however anyone that thinks that your a more skillful tinter than the 2 piecer is sadly mistaken..a serious part of the art form having your body all contorted up in a back glass going against time of fast drying adhesive reaching in an awkward position to ride a defrost line with your knife all the way without crossing the wire giving it the illusion of 1 peice.

This is very true!

I'm a 1 piecer now for the most part..however anyone that thinks that your a more skillful tinter than the 2 piecer is sadly mistaken..a serious part of the art form having your body all contorted up in a back glass going against time of fast drying adhesive reaching in an awkward position to ride a defrost line with your knife all the way without crossing the wire giving it the illusion of 1 peice.

Well said TW, these younger guys dont know what it took to get a professional looking job back in the 80,s with the materials and cars and trucks we had to deal with. :bat

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I thought this thread was about SEMA not 2 piecing. I just got back myself too. The window film area was really good but no 3M insite until you went into the performance area...and when I finallly did find it the "tint crew" wasnt even there and no one had any answers or knowledge about the film or up coming products. the shop owner luvs his 3M but im into Global now...even before sema I ordered an info pack and then at sema hearing about the film I've got to get some. The guy shrinking the VW glass in the global booths record was 2 minutes 55 seconds. He uses the heat and pull method and that stuff is really stretchy...I got to shrink some. the rides were bitchin...I got almost 300 pix and some videos on my camera including the Llumar demo of graphix install. I will be putting these in photo bucket soon :bat good to be home

Guest jason11286
I thought this thread was about SEMA not 2 piecing. I just got back myself too. The window film area was really good but no 3M insite until you went into the performance area...and when I finallly did find it the "tint crew" wasnt even there and no one had any answers or knowledge about the film or up coming products. the shop owner luvs his 3M but im into Global now...even before sema I ordered an info pack and then at sema hearing about the film I've got to get some. The guy shrinking the VW glass in the global booths record was 2 minutes 55 seconds. He uses the heat and pull method and that stuff is really stretchy...I got to shrink some. the rides were bitchin...I got almost 300 pix and some videos on my camera including the Llumar demo of graphix install. I will be putting these in photo bucket soon :D good to be home

2 min. 55 seconds???? I stand there that long lookin at it thinkin "how the f*** is that gonna shrink?????" :bat

Hello All,

Just got back fom the sema show. It once again was a good time with lots of cool stuff for us tinters. The guy who won the tint-off won with a 2 piece back window on a V.W. Beetle. Can you believe it? It looked good, but 2 pieces? One guy had a super clean one piece and took 2nd. Go figure.. :lol

If this is for real, I'am not so suprised, I would pay to see the losers face. :inot

2 min. 55 seconds???? I stand there that long lookin at it thinkin "how the f*** is that gonna shrink?????" :inot

hell it takes me over an hour just to get motivated to do it :lol

I think what you are all forgetting about this whole debate. Who had the faster install time? If both windows where just as clean and equaly as nice. The judges then go by who was faster. The object is to get the car done as best as it can, in a fast of a time as possible. Way to many tinters these days work to hard. Just so they feel better about themselves.

Personaly if I can use a short cut to get the car done, and come out with the same end result. I am going to use that short cut any day of the week.

Archived