CLEAR-PLEX

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1PEECBARETTA

hahaha. Yeah, I gave up. I had a pocket full of money that day and wanted to go home. I might give it another go someday when I need the spare cash.

Guest darkdan

Let me quote my brother.

"Well hell, if I knew it side shrank this much I wouldn't done finished that 5 series Bro."

It "can" be done for less than $200. Like I've said several times, retail is not your target market. Anyone with $160 to $200 to blow HAS full insurance with glass coverage.

Target market is a.) Commercial b.) People that want to keep their car 100% factory

You know the kind. The BMW/Vette owners that want to tell people, "it's 100% factory! Matching numbers!"

My concern though is when it starts going bad after some period of time, if bubbles or delaminating begin in the drivers field of vision, interfering with their ability to see the road and they get into an accident, what would be the liability of the installer, especially if film on windshield is not allowed by law ?

Seems it could be a huge liability issue down the road.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

good points 123. Yet, when my first Clearplex went bad, the hardcoat was flaking off, could only see it from the outside and you had to look hard. It removes pretty easily, no glue left. Liability for the installer, what liability, buy at your own rick, along with everything else. Happy motoring!

Archived