Tip of the Week

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MajScooter

either or doesn't matter the best thing about it is it doesn't get crap all over the felt if it tears or rips in the felt just pull it out with the corner or a 12" it's all good

Guest Braud Spectrum

Ever have a perfect back window ?...except ...rolleyes.gif either you cut it just a hair bit too short or it adjusted wrong an you didn't see it till it was set and too late ? :lol6 Awww Crap. Daylight!

It infuriated me.

Got me some acrylic paint at Hobby Lobby or any craft store. Comes in a little bottle. Artists use it. Wait until the last thing so the film is dry where you need it or use the heat gun in that spot 'cause it'll suck it up under the film if it's still wet. I use a small artist brush or just the tip of my finger and wipe off any excess nice and neat before it dries. Maybe just a touch around those defroster tabs where you zigged when you shoulda zagged ?

Done it for years and never had a complaint. :mrgreen: I'm such a sneak.

when you have one of those customers that just keeps asking you stupid questions give them an answer that lets em know they are asking stupid questions but in a humourous way gets then to realize they look like an idiot and because you made them laugh they wont get mad and will come back for example I know we all get this one is that bubble going to say there I tell em im you ever try spagetti sauce when its still cooking taste like s**t right well im not done yet

Guest thetintshop
yup, I use a film opaquer when that happens

I use a Crafts, Ect. paint pen. from hobby lobby. I use the fine point and the medium point. works wonders on those eyebrows where the button is right in the middle of the film and there's no blackout behind it.

I guess htis is more or less for the noob's I only say this because after looking throught this site. ive never seen it here. although I could have missed it. but here goes. after tinting the doors lock the window buttons. and put tape over them. to keep the customer from rolling them down. the best ive found so far is the blue painters tape. 1" is good enough and it sticks the best. with out leaving any glue

My tip of the week is the post that I made about the cardboard used to cut a staight edge out of safety film. I am just to lazy to type it out again. It was lost in the TD computer crash of June 6th 2003

Archived