Tip of the Week

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I got the trick from Johnny Maldonado (my brother inlaw). The trick is used for cutting a sraight edge out of the box of safety film. Take the lid off and lay it between you and the roll. Poke the knife through at the width you want the film cut. Take a piece of cardboard (square) off the side of the box and slide it over the end of the knife. Draw the film through the knife and then press the square carboard piece up against the box trapping the film inbetween. The square cardboard piece will keep the film from riding back and fourth on the blade giving you a nice staight cut.

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

Pro, just so I don't look like a complete idiot...I'mma have to ask you more questions about this later....in the FB. :angel

see pro I just modernized it. istead of the cardboard idea THAT I GOT FROM YOU . I made a plastic one that I can use over and over. does the same thing. with out having to cut a new piece of cardboard . each time it holds the film tight . for the same raeason of course. but I laso have to thank mdog for givng me the idea of using the cores. for other things

heres a tip for the guys who two piece back glasses. if you save film for visors sometimes they will work for back glass's also. so heres what you do, as your putting up your scrap peice, take a blackout pen or similar pen and write on the liner side of the scrap piece what kinda vehicle it came off of, what percent it is, and the roll number of the film. the reason you want the roll number of the film on there is because not every roll of film will match one another. so if your a two piecer, the top piece might not match the bottom piece if the roll numbers are different

Archived