Largest Commerical Job in my 20+ years DISASTER

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tintin' Magician

Yeah, it sucks when the water's icing up on the glass like that. I ran into that problem a couple of times but it was vertical glass, so I could just squeegee the bottom of the pane when I got to it. I just mixed in some alcohol and problem solved. :bingo

well im coming to the conculsion that the water freezing may have reduced my ablilty to push out enough water and combined with CDA adhesive and im screwed.

The other weird thing is that it looked perfect at 5am and im assuming that when the sun hit it around 7-730 it defrosted there was too much water left behind

BTW Solargard silver 20 CDA is the film. dual pane glass (tempered)

I can NOT use X100 with silver film right? I was told it will corrode any metallic based film

Solargard is supposed to send out some special stuff that will tack the film better last time I used there stuff I had breathing problems and a numb tounge for 4 days :lol2

Guest darkdan

X-100 isn't supposed to be used with Llumar's Bronze films.

Not sure about cross-brand compatibility, but I wouldn't think there'd be a problem.

Reorder some PS film imo.

Guest vclimber
well im coming to the conculsion that the water freezing may have reduced my ablilty to push out enough water and combined with CDA adhesive and im screwed.

The other weird thing is that it looked perfect at 5am and im assuming that when the sun hit it around 7-730 it defrosted there was too much water left behind

BTW Solargard silver 20 CDA is the film. dual pane glass (tempered)

I can NOT use X100 with silver film right? I was told it will corrode any metallic based film

Solargard is supposed to send out some special stuff that will tack the film better last time I used there stuff I had breathing problems and a numb tounge for 4 days :lol2

What's the metal in SG Sivler 20? If it is not real silver or copper then you should be ok to use X-100. That should give you the "tack" that you will desperately need.

As for the ice try this... Attach a couple of 500w lamps to that lift. Prep the glass and lay the film. Once the film is down and cut, turn on the lamps for some heat while you hard squeege. Careful not to get them too close to your film and don't let any water get on the lamps. It should provide enough heat to keep the water from freezing until you can squeege it all out. Squeege real good and hope for the best.

Or...

Get some PS film. :lol2

Archived